Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FG still voting NO to Public Safety

• 13-11-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

So the voting is over but FG still have their illegal signs up along the N11 in dublin. Dun laoghaire rathdown CC have clear guidelines for posting of election posters and many of theirs are illegal on this stretch and are a danger, the CC class them as litter. I expect many other county councils might have have laws/rules too. (this is nothing to do with the delay in taking them down, they were illegal from day 1)

Its disgusting to think they even had to waste time and decide upon guidelines to stop the reckless and ruthless posting of these eyesores. We cannot trust these scumbags to put them up in a safe manner, they are clearly obstructing traffic lights and road signs, putting people in danger for their own gain.

In years before they were on barricades obstructing small children from the view of cars.

These people are fully aware of these laws, I have emailed all the main parties several times. One ex-green party member was had no interest in hearing her posters are still littering the N11 several years on -in fact she threatened to call the gardai if I emailed again. Another green party member, still practicing did reply, and continued to put up illegal posters after this. After another email he apparently registered me under a female version of my name to get his junk-email, most probably a misogynist who thinks I would be insulted by this, I wonder what any females who voted for him would have made of this.

A garda I spoke to showed no interest either, I went complained in person and they said it was a littering matter and not for them, even after I explained they are a danger and not just littering. In a thread a good while ago somebody told of how one of these posters landed on his car windscreen while traveling at speed.

The fact they are still legal is astonishing. And legal or not it amazes me they still use them, just because something is still legal does not mean its advisable do it, especially in this knowingly unsafe manner.

Advertisement