Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on ban

• 13-11-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Was banned 2009 for 3yrss DD..Used car again 10v months later and was stopped by the Garda and banned for 5yrs....

So I am banned for 60 months from october 2010 until october 2015..Just want to know can I appeal to the Irish courts after 40 months 2/thirds served so I mite get my licence back.I know how people think of DD and I am the first to admit how foolish I was back in 2009 for driving the car after a wedding.I like most DD I HONEST TO GOD THOUGHT I WAS OK TO DRIVE.I have learned my lesson big time. And when I drove the car again it was nothing to do with drink , it was early morning and I took the crazy chance and drove to the local shops and was stopped by the Garda and charged for driving whilst banned. A lot of people will think I have no respect for the Law,,Trust me I do I was just foolish I should have sold the car or locked it up far away from my house but I didnt and I took the chance..just wondering if there is anyone else in my position?? We all do crazy things and live to regret it...just need a honest answer..Am not a bad man just foolish and am not in the habit of drinking and driving ..I am 40yrs old and have never been in trouble before or indeed after this situation ...can I appeal after 2/thirds 40 month or have I no chance?? not sure how these appeals work in court I know the Judge will think I have a total disregard of the Law.. but as I mentioned before I respect the law ,,surely everyone deserves a chance and to show remorse..The five yr ban is very hard going and it will result in the loss of my house..as I have lost my job because of my stupidity,,,,,,Can anyone give me proper advice and not nasty comments please ..what I have done is wrong I know that ...I do not yet have a Lawyer ...but would like advice on my case from the good people on Boards.ie ..thank you all ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement