Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I qualify for DARE?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a blood disorder and I had to get my spleen removed in October 2010, since then I have a ****e immune system and I pick up everything that's going so I miss a lot of school. I was wondering would this qualify me for the DARE scheme? :confused:

I'm in 5th year now and I missed most of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year because of this and it's getting a bit better but I'm still missing loads of school, missed about 3-4 weeks already :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SpirantSpem

I'd say you will. That would classify as an ongoing illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Check with your career guidance teacher. He/she can clarify it for you. If the doctors consider it as an illness, then you should qualify for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Username Blah Blah Blah

Thanks a million for your help :) Yeah I'll talk to my career guidance teacher tomorrow :D fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Criteria for DARE are here. Your career guidance teacher should be able to give you the forms etc that you need but if not, all the information is on the website.

Advertisement