Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Value

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

i stumbled upon a few of these a while back on youtube, and really enjoyed them. I only watched a handful of episodes though, I really must get back round to checking more of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it American or European?

I'm honestly sick of the American perspective of the 80s-90s console wars -- the European struggles (with micro-computers thrown in) or Asia (all those lost consoles/computers) are much more exciting to discover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'm honestly sick of the American perspective of the 80s-90s console wars -- the European struggles (with micro-computers thrown in) or Asia (all those lost consoles/computers) are much more exciting to discover!

Just watch the Rise of Nintendo one there. It's impartial pretty much, very interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Same here, was thought last week in a lecture about the massive videogame crash that affected the world in 1983. Nothing about how it was actually localised to just America and how home computers were booming in japan and europe. I know some younger people that think only the NES and Atari existed in the 70's and 80's or how we were all playing the NES during the 80's in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think they're just meant to be fun overview vids, not indepth analysis.
    They don't follow a consistent theme, they have all different topics.
    I like them anyways :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Nice overview, I honestly didn't really about some of the facts. It's a bit funny to hear about "Christmas 1985" talk from some of the people in the clips, they look they weren't even born back then...I was 5 and remember absolutely zero :D

Advertisement