Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cordless drill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,467 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've used de Walt drills and never had issues with the keyless chuck.

There's a deal on somewhere for an 18v de Walt with 2 batteries for €119, can't remember where,

The one linked looks great though and is probably better, but much dearer

Even the crappiest corded hammer drill will outdo the best cordless. Unless you're doing a serious amount of work where you dont have leccie then keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've used de Walt drills and never had issues with the keyless chuck.

There's a deal on somewhere for an 18v de Walt with 2 batteries for €119, can't remember where,

The one linked looks great though and is probably better, but much dearer

Even the crappiest corded hammer drill will outdo the best cordless. Unless you're doing a serious amount of work where you dont have leccie then keep that in mind.
    B&q have an 18v cordless, 12mm keyless Chuck. 2 batteries, sometimes on special offer.

Yeah, I saw it on a flyer that came through the door whilst it was on its way to the bin

Not seriously heavy duty but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

motors?

I'm trying to find the DIY forum, as asoon as a do it'll be moved :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Hilti are one of the best brands but you would want serious use for the drill to justify the premium. My dad is in the construction industry and all his tools are hilti he recon they are the best of everything on the market. However we have a hitachi impact drill and it gets really heavy use and still works well after 2 years it compact as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the DIY forum, as asoon as a do it'll be moved :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Done. Moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ok

If you want to drill concrete then You should have a cord of that's not possaible then a good dewalt 18v with hammer action will work

You can buy keyed chucks for very little and it's a very easy job to change then
    I can change a chuck faster than I can open the pack the chuck came in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Suggest a Makita BHR202 18V, its SDS and you can pick up a half decent keyed chuck for less than €30ish. Got one of these, 2 x 3Ah batteries & an 18V screw gun that takes the same batteries for €540 ish inc. Vat, great Drill as most of what I would use it for is 60-8mm steel, 20/25mm hole saw and 5.5/6mm masonry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭enricoh

have the de walt 18v a good few years now, cant fault it. not just home stuff - sheeted a few decent sized sheds with it, etc
    dont attempt to get the lidl one, drill 2 holes n batteries are flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

Is dewalt stuff not black & decker these days

black & decker stuff was always crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

you are not going to find a battery powered drill for 16mm concrete, that's more compact than a mains unit.

Advertisement