Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patent pending product?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Had an idea of making turf/briquette/log boxes but see there is a guy on donedeal selling them and says the are patent pending,not to sure what that means,would i just need to alter my design to his?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

that means the patent is pending on his particular design, which he may never get..

His box may have a peat logo on the top .. just put a briquette logo on it .. pending now defunct .. :S
    So just to clarify its a box, just rejig what he has made and start selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

What is unique about his box? To get a patent it must contain a substantial novel step in its design. There have been lots of briquette boxes over the years, so you just need to avoid his novel step, if he has one at all. The idea of such a box is certainly NOT patentable in it's own right.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

dont let that put you of making your box. As mentioned above there's not much chance of patenting a box. Even if he has some unique spin on it after all these years chances are yours will be different.

He could be just chancing his arm to make potential competitors back off selling something similar on done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Thanks for the replies guys, i was a bit puzzled when i seen patent pending because to me there is notting unique about it at all.
    I would paste the link only im not sure mods would let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

bizzyb wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys, i was a bit puzzled when i seen patent pending because to me there is notting unique about it at all.
    I would paste the link only im not sure mods would let me.

To get the link just search " heating patent pending" in the done deal search box" and it pops up!

Cheers

Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement