Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT Investigation - Dept. of Ed.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume its based on the former president and the various allegations in terms of his expenses?

EDIT: Or it could be due to the way the 'Campus Services' business on campus is run. This cropped up in other reports due to above but also by former students including raising issues about WITSU not doing accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Sully wrote: »
    I assume its based on the former president and the various allegations in terms of his expenses?

EDIT: Or it could be due to the way the 'Campus Services' business on campus is run. This cropped up in other reports due to above but also by former students including raising issues about WITSU not doing accounts.
    Great timing, the rest of the country must think we're a basket case at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great timing, the rest of the country must think we're a basket case at this stage.

Its been known for sometime. Its all connected to the investigation into how WIT allowed its former president spend so much. It was all discussed back in September at the Dáil’s Public Accounts Committee.

Appropriate Links:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/waterford-it-president-spending-613363-Sep2012/

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0606/1224317368007.html

I'd be of the opinion that could be where the investigation is going. I'm not aware of any other issues in regards to tenders. Unless there is an issue with Spar being the only shop on the campus, AIB being the only bank on campus or the WIT Student Card being a debit card for use in certain 'Card Only' areas including Spar. You lodge money into the card but you can't withdraw, to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Sully wrote: »

this is speculation and not allowed as per forum charter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chiparus wrote: »
    this is speculation and not allowed as per forum charter
    Chiparus - If you have a problem - report the post & the Mods/CMods will take any action necessary. Disputing issues on-thread only serves to drag the thread off-topic.

tHB (Region CMod)

• Advertisement

Advertisement