Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the craic with Iceland

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Anbody got an update on the story with Iceland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

And what about mustard since we're at it. Anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

and before the smart arses jump in i mean the shop thats suppose to be coming soon to waterford for the past few months, as appose to the country!

Boskowski wrote: »
    And what about mustard since we're at it. Anything?

Mustard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Mustard?

Sorry, going through a very smartarsy phase at the moment. I simply had no idea what you were talking about. Now back ontopic. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Iceland food is muck.

• Advertisement

As much as i agree with your opinion thats not what i wanted to know, there were people on here saying where and when they are were opening but it still hasnt happened for some reason!

Im just interested as a citizen of waterford to see more jobs coming to the locality and increasing competition on the other shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I here they are getting their economy back on track a lot more rapidly than other countries.
    Also they all have funny surnames.

Very good, Talking about the shop though, Nobody got anything on this shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

As much as i agree with your opinion thats not what i wanted to know, there were people on here saying where and when they are were opening but it still hasnt happened for some reason!

Im just interested as a citizen of waterford to see more jobs coming to the locality and increasing competition on the other shops!

yes indeed the addition of all those multi national retailers to waterford has been so beneficial to our city:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

SubBusted wrote: »
    Iceland food is muck.

I can concur with that. I had the misfortune of shopping in one here in Dublin and the food is rubbish. There food is imported from abroad which means that the Irish farmer does not benefit one bit and they charge Irish shoppers more than UK customers even after converting from sterling to euro.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0213/1224311684895.html
    On January 23rd, it was selling one kilo of carrots for £1 and charging €1.50. According to the exchange rate on the day it should have been charging €1.20, according to IFA. On the same day it was selling a 900g bag of frozen petit pois for £1.50 but charging €2 instead of the €1.79 suggested by the exchange rate.

Six pork loin steaks were selling for £4 which should have converted to €4.78, but the price charged was €5.50.

A ready-meal chicken bhuna was priced at £1 and cost €1.50 but IFA said the exchange rate suggested it should have been €1.20.

These stores should be avoided like the plague. Cheap food, poor quality = more health problems and stunted physical and intellectual ability of population.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

yes indeed the addition of all those multi national retailers to waterford has been so beneficial to our city:rolleyes:

These multinational retailers actually cost more jobs than they supposedly create and they undercut local suppliers and retailers forcing more job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Partizan wrote: »
    I can concur with that. I had the misfortune of shopping in one here in Dublin and the food is rubbish. There food is imported from abroad which means that the Irish farmer does not benefit one bit and they charge Irish shoppers more than UK customers even after converting from sterling to euro.

These stores should be avoided like the plague. Cheap food, poor quality = more health problems and stunted physical and intellectual ability of population.
    are you for real,dont come,dont create more jobs,and everyone in the UK has health problems,are stunted physically ,and stupid, have you been buying your food from iceland ?

Partizan wrote: »

Poor Health Stunted Physical and intellectual ability? Im sorry but your gonna have to produce some statistics to back that claim up!

I wouldnt shop there personally myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Just showed up on FAS (now called Intreo):

Home Delivery Driver (B Licence) - Waterford - P/T

Achieve a high level of home service performance within the store. Increase sales and uptake of home delivery by providing an efficient and friendly service at all times. Support the Store Manager in building a high performing team by setting high standards and acting as an ambassador for the store and company. Communicate clearly and positively to ensure that all staff understand the importance of home service and how they can contribute to its success. High standard of communication skills. Influencing skills and credibility. Successful performance delivery against objectives. Good understanding of business in general and the issues affecting the store. Ability to demonstrate leading and working in a successful team supporting both the Store and the Area. Good organisation skills. Works well under pressure. Excellent customer interaction.

Salary: €9.00 ph

Employer
    Iceland Foods (Ireland) Limited
    Unit 502a Grants Row
    Greenogue Business Park
    Rathcoole
    Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

SubBusted wrote: »
    Iceland food is muck.

i have never been in there but the food in their ads looks muck, maybe im completely wrong, dont think much of mum of the year Kerry katona either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

and before the smart arses jump in i mean the shop thats suppose to be coming soon to waterford for the past few months, as appose to the country!

'opposed'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Max Powers wrote: »
    i have never been in there but the food in their ads looks muck, maybe im completely wrong, dont think much of mum of the year Kerry katona either.

Id give her one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I thought this was about the volcanic ash in Iceland, facepalm on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I thought this was about the volcanic ash in Iceland, facepalm on my behalf.

There is actually a new threat now which could be of biblical proportions if it errupts:eek: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/new-icelandic-volcano-ash-cloud-4073032

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Opening date 1st November beside Buylo, all done and dusted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

the Clonmel store closed recently so its probably that store relocating - the freezers anyway -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

the Clonmel store closed recently so its probably that store relocating - the freezers anyway -

Owners of the brand bought out the Irish franchise holders earlier this year. Current stores are being refitted and a host of new stores opening.

The real cheap stuff is well, cheap, but they carry some decent stuff too.

Advantage of frozen over chilled is a huge drop in wastage, which means less costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

this would be great for buylo Iceland would fill in the blanks in buylo's product range.

Iceland does carry some good products.

it can compete with lidl and aldi because it's products are aimed at the UK market such as massive bottles of cola etc.

also with the move to home parties Iceland will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Iceland does carry some good products.

Give us an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

It's a horrendous supermarket. Just imagine all the cheap frozen produce from the Tesco Freezers and multiply it 10 fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

am Irish company supplies south Africa with smoothies and soft drinks, but you can buy them in Iceland.

I bought some continental cheese, pasta and baby food in the store in Clonmel. other half bought pork scratching s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Give us an example?

Greggs pastys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/iceland-munster-two-new-stores-1726327-Oct2014/

Finally something official, with an opening said to be early December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kahless wrote: »
    http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/iceland-munster-two-new-stores-1726327-Oct2014/

Finally something official, with an opening said to be early December.

Did you not hear? 1st November, beside Buy lo

Done and dusted I believe the expression was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

It's opening next to buylo on 2nd December think work has started on it.

Advertisement