Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skating?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:38pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the season is on us again, I usually go a few times every year. So which ones are open so far, where is the best rink, and does anyone know of any deals going etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Dundrum one is open, had been for a couple of weeks. Rink is a bit small though and gets overcrowded. Just cant do the the moves I want to do with all those people !

I need my own rink ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Not a Christmasy one but I saw an advertisement for a rink in Castleknock - hope it's still open

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Is there any in town or donnybrook etc does anyone know?
    Hope one of the deal sites do an offer... Groupon etc

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Here's one, but you missed the deal :(

http://www.grabone.ie/south-east/istake-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

deelite wrote: »
    Not a Christmasy one but I saw an advertisement for a rink in Castleknock - hope it's still open

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Castleknock-On-Ice/289572757759398?fref=ts

still open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

iSkate is opening at the RDS tomorrow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think there is going to be an outdoor one in the grounds of Christchurch which will be nice although I can't imagine it being big enough to hold very many people at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I'm loving the 80's night on a Friday with iSkate in RDS :D Think I'll be paying a visit here!

I know there was one in Kilmainham last year, wonder if they're bringing it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

is there going to be one in smithfield this year?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

is there going to be one in smithfield this year?

I don't think so, they moved that one to the grounds of Royal Hospital Kilmainham last year but I haven't heard anything about that one being re-opened this year yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just bumping this thread.
    I've been to the Dundrum one twice now, but I found the rink rather small.
    Is the one at the RDS less crowded?
    It's much more fun when I had got the hang of it for the second go!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Was at the RDS one on Friday and it was fab...big rink, quite impressive! And the 80's night is gas....leg warmers at the ready!

€14.50 is v steep though...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

14.50 is ridiculous.
    I'm hoping there's more deals in the future, I got €7 tickets on livingsocial before.

Advertisement