Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFC Wimbledon V MK Dons in FA Cup

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I actually shouted at the telly just now!

Get ****ing in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Great header, great goal....mad celebrations!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why are the AFC players wearing armbands with their nicknames on it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Great header. Great to see the Wimbledon fans going mad, FA will probably whip out a fine though, killjoys.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought the booking was harsh.

Thought the booking was harsh.

Very harsh but it could be seen as inciting the crowd, absolutely ridiculous considering the conditions behind this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

cOME ON mk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cOME ON mk

Got a plastic MKD flag out?:pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Got a plastic MKD flag out?:pac:

I had to paint over the blue one :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Melion wrote: »
    Very harsh but it could be seen as inciting the crowd, absolutely ridiculous considering the conditions behind this match.
    It would be more ridiculous not to book him due to the conditions behind the match though.

We've had players booked (and sent off) for celebrating with the fans without actually leaving the pitch before (small grounds). It's the rule that needs to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah, the joys of FA Cup traditions. We even got a good, old-fashioned back-pass!

Jesus, Alan Smith's looking rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Alan smith, jaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gutted. Most awaited match in along time and at work, only getting the very ocasional glance of it.

:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

irish-stew wrote: »
    Gutted. Most awaited match in along time and at work, only getting the very ocasional glance of it.

:(

It's not a great game really, apart from the 2 goals. They were the only real highlights so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Boooommmmm, justice.

Ugh, sickening. I liked him at underage for Liverpool too :(

Yessssssssssssssssssssss
    You could see that coming

Should have been a free out.

• Advertisement

what a cheeky back heel

Gutted. He hadn't a clue what he was doing. Total fluke.

Hope they smash the place up tbh

Why are people shouting for MK dons? Just curious

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Why are people shouting for MK dons? Just curious

to be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why are people shouting for Wimbledon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Those getting beat by a franchise chants are cringeworthy.

Seaneh wrote: »
    to be different.
    Exactly this tbh. Whenever things like this happen you get attention seekers who will cheer on the overwhelmingly unpopular choice. I imagine most of these people are angsty 15 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I can't believe any real football fan would cheer for that franchise of a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Vahevala wrote: »
    I can't believe any real football fan would cheer for that franchise of a club.

Indeed, shame on all those Yanks and Australians.

In fairness if you were an actual MK fan you would be f***ing loving it right now. Last minute goal, back-heel chip over the keeper.

I'm going to save all the "sad day for real football fans" stuff because the teams are a division apart and MK were heavy favourites really, so to almost force a replay is commendable for Wimbledon.

Remember yer a Womble :)
    67797_10200099912088867_287852156_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That goal was total jam.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Madworld wrote: »
    Hilarious all the barstoolers who were cheering for AFC today.
    So people should have no interest in games that don't involve their team?

Jog on ya numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

So people should have no interest in games that don't involve their team?

Jog on ya numpty.

No its the irony of the situation. The majority of the Irish footballing public represent exactly what is wrong with modern football.

Their support of British franchise brands like Man Utd and Celtic is the antithesis of what AFC represent. AFC represent their locality. Irish football fans don't.

Exactly this tbh. Whenever things like this happen you get attention seekers who will cheer on the overwhelmingly unpopular choice. I imagine most of these people are angsty 15 year olds.

No actually. If you bothered to read.
    I actually used to live there and went to many matches, even before Milton Keynes came into existence.
    Another guy's dad has been following them for years.
    I find it strange that irish fans have such strong opinions for AFC, just because they are an underdog it seems, but then I find it strange that many irish fans follow cross channel teams they have no connection with other than they won something like Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hilarious all the barstoolers who were cheering for AFC today.

Their support of Celtic and Man Utd is as plastic as that of any MK Dons fans.

lol, you're too late really. Would have got a much better reaction if you got your speak in before the game was played today...

No its the irony of the situation. The majority of the Irish footballing public represent exactly what is wrong with modern football.

Their support of British franchise brands like Man Utd and Celtic is the antithesis of what AFC represent. AFC represent their locality. Irish football fans don't.

Wanting a team to win one match =/= being a supporter of that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

=/=

FAIL.

quarryman wrote: »
    FAIL.
    Err ≠ then if you want to be a complete weirdo about it...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

quarryman wrote: »
    FAIL.

Common way of denoting 'does not equal'

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

The real Wimbledon can stand tall and proud dispite the loss. Just a shame they just missed the chance of a second go at Kingsmeadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

irish-stew wrote: »
    The real Wimbledon can stand tall and proud dispite the loss. Just a shame they just missed the chance of a second go at Kingsmeadow.

In Kingston On Thames, when are they ever going to get back to Merton? I would hold that horrible council as liable as the League and MK in the decision to move.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    In Kingston On Thames, when are they ever going to get back to Merton? I would hold that horrible council as liable as the League and MK in the decision to move.

Well a move back to Plough Lane is out considering its now all flats. I wouldn't totally blame Merton council. Didn't they press MK to change there crest as it bared bits of Merton Boroughs crest, as did the original Wimbledon FC crest.

As a move back to Merton its self, Wimbledon have never hid their desire to make the move some day, although cant think of many already built structures bar the Greyhound track down the road from the old Plough Lane, which has already been ruled out, and would still need aditional work to bring it up to a football stadium. As for a new build, unless the club comes into some serious cash, or the council contributes. They will be at Kingsmeadow for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

They may have objected to part of the borough crest featuring on MKs badge but they were definitely anti football and I would think the objection was an attempt to rewrite their part in it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

As someone who lived in Milton Keynes and attended a number of games, I think its past time they dropped the Dons part of the name now, theres really no connection left, I think all the original players have long left as well.
    Should Arsenal drop the "Arsenal" part of their name? Since they have little connection left to the team that started in Woolwich Arsenal.

Advertisement