Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi i will be going for my interview next week to try and get back hkmr223 semi auto can anybody help me with advice and what to say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

darleen223 wrote: »
    hi i will be going for my interview next week to try and get back hkmr223 semi auto can anybody help me with advice and what to say

You - "its more effective on Mr fox than throwing stones"
    Super - "but surely a nice bolt action would do that job just as well"
    You - "My aim is terrible, I need quick followups"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You could tell him of the ever approaching zompocalypse.:D:D
    6a00d83451d65569e200e553a88c7d8834-800wi
    I don't thing anyone is really going to be able to help you as not alot of people have restricted rifles and i don't see anyone with one going to be telling you what to say over the internet as lying when applying is an offense. What reason did you put down?
    If you already owned it that is a plus if you have to go to court. As you can prove you are safe to own it with out being a danger to the community.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As was said no one will/should tell you what to say.

When you applied you had a reason for wanting it (other than wanting it i presume). The interview is not a trick or to catch you out. I done one the first time i renewed the pistol under the new licensing system. I went in, put forward my case, and answered all questions asked. I got it.

You need to show why this gun is necessary above other bolt action guns. Be truthful, and honest. DO NOT use someone else's reasons because remembering what they told you will confuse you, come across as a made up story or lie, and as a false reasons/declaration could lead to issues.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

+1 on what Ezridax said, you must have provided a genuine and convincing reason initially and acceptable in the opinion of the senior Garda granting the authorisation. If that reason still applies you should have no bother setting out your stall again.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

1: for foxes and need quick flow up shots if it dose not go successful the first shot, go on about that you believe in 1 shot 1 kill but you need the semi auto incase if that dose not go to plan.

2: if you are a member of a rifle range just tell him that you are getting great groups with the rifle and would want to continue with it for further competitions.

Hope this helps ya lad.
    Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

1: for foxes and need quick flow up shots if it dose not go successful the first shot, go on about that you believe in 1 shot 1 kill but you need the semi auto incase if that dose not go to plan.

2: if you are a member of a rifle range just tell him that you are getting great groups with the rifle and would want to continue with it for further competitions.

Hope this helps ya lad.
    Good luck!!

3. Stammer a lot and go red in the face when he shows you a printout of this page and asks what your real reasons are and why you're just not talking to him honestly...

4. Lose licence.

5. Listen to posters on here who won't be footing the bill telling you which solicitor to hire to go to court to fight the decision.

and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

LoL:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Hope it goes well for you.
    Explain exactly why you wish to keep it and bring safety into it as thats important and its locked up after use etc.
    If you loose your licence sure you never get it sold if this situation goes for everyone else who wants one or has one.
    Good reason should allow you keep it if he's happy with your reason.
    Best of luck ;)

Advertisement