Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help making a Timetable

• 13-11-2012 11:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi all. OK So I want to make a study timetable. So here how it goes. I do Biology,Chemistry,Maths,English,Irish,French,Business. I come home at 4:10 O'Clock I gotta do my homework which takes me about 50 Mins. So at 5 I can study. Now I need to make a timetable for the above subjects and how long I should study for each one. Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I would suggest that you should try to set-up your timetable in a way that reflects what subjects you feel you need to do the most revision in, but not weighted too heavily in favour of any one subject.

Study blocks should be about 45 mins, and take 15 mins break between blocks. This means if you start at 5pm, you could realistically do three blocks per day (considering you need to eat dinner and maybe do some exercise too?). So that's 15 blocks per week (excluding weekends). So you could devote two blocks per subject per week - one to cover understanding of recent material and one for revision of earlier topics?

These are just suggestions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

keith16 wrote: »
    I would suggest that you should try to set-up your timetable in a way that reflects what subjects you feel you need to do the most revision in, but not weighted too heavily in favour of any one subject.

Study blocks should be about 45 mins, and take 15 mins break between blocks. This means if you start at 5pm, you could realistically do three blocks per day (considering you need to eat dinner and maybe do some exercise too?). So that's 15 blocks per week (excluding weekends). So you could devote two blocks per subject per week - one to cover understanding of recent material and one for revision of earlier topics?

These are just suggestions!

Thank You Very Much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

fontdor wrote: »
    Thank You Very Much.

No problem OP. One piece of advice that will help the study process (however you structure it), is to take advantage of your time in class.

What I mean by that is pay attention. That's a bit of a cliché, right? But, if you treat your classes as "study block" and listen intently to your teacher, your life will be a lot easier!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

keith16 wrote: »
    No problem OP. One piece of advice that will help the study process (however you structure it), is to take advantage of your time in class.

What I mean by that is pay attention. That's a bit of a cliché, right? But, if you treat your classes as "study block" and listen intently to your teacher, your life will be a lot easier!

Actually now that I think about it I should start doing that. From tomorrow I am going to pay attention in class. Thank you for the great advice.

Advertisement