Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Spring

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

frankosw wrote: »
    This is true

ghost_estate_553229a.JPG

You wont see anybody round a hole..they've dug it and scrammed!

Who approved this? who signed off on this in the council?
    or are planning officers, county managers and councillors working in the private sector now?
    After all isnt that why we have planning officers, to stop reckless development going ahead by a foolish developer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Scortho wrote: »
    Who approved this? who signed off on this in the council?
    or are planning officers, county managers and councillors working in the private sector now?
    After all isnt that why we have planning officers, to stop reckless development going ahead by a foolish developer?

Once again this is all the PS's fault!

Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Once again this is all the PS's fault!

Incredible.

Correct , now you're getting it .

Remember that failing to meet repayments as they fall due could have serious repercussions and your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it.

Remember this when applying for a mortage or bank loan?

In fairness you do sign this when you take out credit what it didn't say at the time was

The taxpayer will have to pick up the tab if you fail to make repayments .

So really you can't throw that at people if the have to hand back the keys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Francis Murtagh

Getting back to the Irish Spring! Who are the individuals who are going to rise up? The unempoyed, the low paid. Student! They unions arent going to go for it to spoli their cushy number. It will be occupy Dame Street again!

This is not meant personally to you. Thank you..
    .but i do go on to set the record straight to those who try to attack my credability.
    You have my permission to pass this on..even to the media.
    Youi ask me who should walk?
    I would hope that the following would walk, or a least contact me if you want me to represent you.. or whoever may feel to walk on Saturday on November 24th at 2 pm.on O'Connell st bridge.
    Because i will represent these vulnerable people in Society.
    Who Might walk ?
    People who want to have their voice heard because they feel so frustrated.
    People who will all have a minimum of 3,000 euros extra taken from their wages ( and that includes PS !) in the year ahead to pay for this bank Loan. Who else ?
    Vulnerable people in society such as
    the unemployed,
    Old age Pensioners,
    Disabled,
    the Poor (Check with St Vincent De Paul),
    Medical Card holders,
    Homeless, M
    students, because its their future.
    And people living on the breadline, even though they may appear as middle class squeezed on every side, struggling in negative equity. Trying to make ends meet. The list includes everyone..

THis tax is not fair.
    and the cuts still keep coming.
    And we are doing nothing about it.
    Who else could march ?
    Anybody who feels this Bank Loan of 64,000,000,000 euro is unjust and should not be imposed on every Irish person in this state.
    And the troika will continue to dictate things according to their agenda. And we are all as quiet as rabbits. And our politicians are powerless because we are not shouting.
    I would like to see ordinary people in this country making a noise that will be heard in Europe. So that the terms and conditions will be renegotiated in a way that honors this country for the fact that we in fact bailed out the EU and that those responcible for this Bailout pay the price, and not the innocent.
    We only want to see justice done.
    And insure that the vulnerable do not suffer.

Who else could Walk ?
    "You" could walk for your neighbour who is struggling and is so depressed they cannot get up in the morning..as these taxes are no respector of persons..and it will push people over the edge. But you will not see or hear it, but local communities will know all about the people who hung themselves because they could no longer cope. This is real economics..real people living on the edge. Real numbers. Someone even suggested i should not be on this board because i was not dealing with figures..give me a break. I'm talking about lives. Real lives. Real numbers.

Many have tried to discredit me on this board by saying i am doing this for my own gain. I am who i am. and i have hidden nothing from you.

I built a very small development which was not motivated by greed, but by a desire to provide an income for my family in the West of Ireland and in the process provide some services and create a center in that village. Am i to be judged for that. Seems so. " I am a developer they say. Yes i am a developer.
    I develop things and i get things done,,
    I went through hell and back dealing with planning and other issues to see the vision i had, accomplished. And a little thing, 98% of the people in the Area were and still are thrilled with us and thrilled with what we provided.. After all we we bringing three young children aged from 3,5,7 into the local national school which was in danger of closing down. Yes, cheap shot, my friends, " He is a developer" as if i was a criminal. Of course some developers are partly responcible for the fallout we are all now suffering . Just don't tar me with that same brush.
    And those sitting on the fence, sitting on their hands, label me a developer.
    What a cheap shot. I say to them come and meet me if you have the courage. And then make your decision. And many developers are great people, great servants of the state, and we need developers in all business areas to kick start this economy again. Of course their business are scuppered by the burden of taxation on their customers. So they too should march.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stones." ( Jesus).
    Its so easy to fire insults on this board under a hidden name. Easy to make pronouncements and nitpick their way through honest testimony. Look for one thing and throw that at you. What is it about this country that people want to find some fault,and we love to put one another down.
    Why can we not encourage and inspire?
    So i challenge those to think i am in this for my personal gain to meet me. Come out like a man or woman before me.You have my e mail address and my phone number. Otherwise you have no integrity about you.
    Or i invite you to meet me on O Connell st on Saturday Week.Talk to me on the road and you will get to know me.

I have explained a number of times in past posts exactly what my situation is.
    Is it possible that i am motivated by one thing ?
    Is it possible there are people in this country who are genuine, honest and have integrity.
    Who made mistakes, but still feel to serve this country in some little way.
    To see people in this country rise up. To have our voice heard both in the Dail and in Europe
    To see a body of people crying "WE have had enough "..

You are not helpless, together we have Power. Take hold of it.

Thank you again for allowing me the space to reply to your queries.
    Francis Murtagh

• Advertisement

Would you rise up in his Irish Spring if you found out he was a property developer and is now moaning at his loss.

Unfortunately you will find people who will join him. Just look at the loopy's up in Ballyconnel. I wonder have they relaised how much Sean Quinns recklessness has costs the irish tax payer. How much the collapse of Quinn insurance has cost us through the increase in insurance premiums for the forseable future.

My friend Scortho,
    Thank you for your comment.
    It has got me going again and i thank you for that. and i would direct you to my reply to Paatthurnax at 2.20 just now and this is given as further clarification to you of who i am and what i represent. I completley refute your allegations.
    I would invite you to meet me to discuss.

20Cent wrote: »
    Fair play to you Francis, I'll be there on the 24th. Don't mind the negative comments Ireland is being blagarded for being the EU's little poodle (Colm McCarthy's words not mine). Banks, multinationals, vested interests all petition the Gov all the time for what they want. The citizens also need to stand up and have their voices heard. The current path is to almost certain default of sovereign debt, its a downward spiral due to get much much worse. People need to put pressure on our Gov and the EU to break this cycle. Hope their is a big turnout.

I am not sure if i replied to you comments.. Stuff was flying at me in all directions at the time..
    I love the comment by Colm McCarthy that we are "the EU's little poodle" of the EU..
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Here's Madrid last Wednesday. There were protests and strikes like this all across Europe the tide is turning.

A7sAzUJCAAAheEt.jpg:large

Here's Madrid last Wednesday. There were protests and strikes like this all across Europe the tide is turning.

A picture tells a thousand words.
    That is so encouraging.
    I would love to see that in Dublin.

Interesting to see Barclays Bank in the bottom right corner of this picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

My friend Scortho,
    Thank you for your comment.
    It has got me going again and i thank you for that. and i would direct you to my reply to Paatthurnax at 2.20 just now and this is given as further clarification to you of who i am and what i represent. I completley refute your allegations.
    I would invite you to meet me to discuss.

You yourself know how difficult studying for a pharmacy degree is to find time off!:)
    If you are around dublin and I will try and meet with you and we can bounce ideas.

You yourself know how difficult studying for a pharmacy degree is to find time off!:)
    If you are around dublin and I will try and meet with you and we can bounce ideas.

Fair play to you.
    Tell me when your free and il meet up with you. I can take train from Kilkenny to Heustan..
    You have my phone number so feel free to contact me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Don't know if it h Hans already been mentioned but "Irish spring" is the name of a soap brand in America, I thought this is what the thread was about

Don't know if it h Hans already been mentioned but "Irish spring" is the name of a soap brand in America, I thought this is what the thread was about

I am not sure what you mean.?

Well Francis , have you been publicising your protest anywhere else except boards.ie? Any radio coverage or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I am not sure what you mean.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Spring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Love all this "tell the banks to fúck off and let them fail" nonsense that gets spouted. Ulster Bank's systems went tits up for a few weeks and it caused anarchy, imagine what would happen if the whole banking system collapsed.

I would love to see it, the word 'crisis' has its origins in Greece and has many meanings, one of them being 'turning point', another being opportunity (Kairos)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Is there any protest this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

Francis Murtagh banned for spamming.

And on that note, I'm going to close this thread. In the future, if people want to announce rallies, protests, etc. please use the Notice Board thread. Also, please keep in mind that this is a discussion board, not a personal blog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement