Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springsteen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I always buy my tickets online and my plan this morning was due to be no different.

Like everyone else, I was in a 20 minute queue. Once that passed, it said no tickets available for the Cork gig so I had to re-join the queue so for the first time in ten years I picked up the phone to phone ticketmaster to increase my chances. What a crap system, took 16 minutes on the phone to book.

Eventually processed my card and gave out a booking reference. One minute after I hung up, tickets appeared on my screen!! Stressful morning but 4 pitch tickets sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

regress wrote: »
    If someone is prepared to queue for two hours they would probably prefer pitch. Available on ticketmaster after 1 min queue though.
    The main demand for Cork is the seats ,pitch may not even sell out and you can always pick up a pitch ticket in the run up to the gig ,they are always floating about.

It seems strange that one would queue up outside a shop for 2 hours when you have a much better chance online ,all the tickets are sold off a central server,the days of shops having preallocated tickets are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Are the three gigs sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Are the three gigs sold out?

According to Ticketmaster- Limerick is sold out and limited tickets left for Cork and Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Anyone thinking of going to Wembley? Saturday night gig in June, on sale tomorrow.

I think standing tickets will be available for all the Irish gigs once the Christmas present rush eases up. Hope so anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of going to Wembley? Saturday night gig in June, on sale tomorrow.

I think standing tickets will be available for all the Irish gigs once the Christmas present rush eases up. Hope so anyway!!

Picked up my standing tickets in the LiveNation presale this morning :cool: whilst stuck waiting in online hell for Limerick tickets.

Looks like Belfast is sold out now (according to backstreets) so only Cork tickets available for now.

cassette50 wrote: »
    According to Ticketmaster- Limerick is sold out and limited tickets left for Cork and Belfast.
    Pitch only left in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

With the condition of Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork and the fact that its a dinosaur stadium,I really hope that if/when Brucie cranks up the speakers,this wont happen.:D

03_wulihestadium_90483.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

edited: Hadn't seen that there was only limited tickets for cork and Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I completely forgot about these until I saw a few mates mentioning them at 9.30. Got on at 9.40 and was in position to buy 2 seats for Limerick, but had to take a call in work and my VISA verify screen timed out. Tried again at 9.50 and it said none available, so tried again at 10 and got 2 standing.

• Advertisement

Belfast now sold out too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Zardoz wrote: »
    Whats the logic of that ,the only tickets left would be pitch at that stage.
    Seems bizarre.

Eh because we want to be on the pitch :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

I taught I had bought standing tickets put on closer inspection it says:

Section
    STAND
    Row
    G11
    Seats
    555 - 560

this does not corespond to anything on the seating chart, can somebody enlighten me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

briman - which venue Limerick or Cork ?

limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

briman1983 wrote: »
    I taught I had bought standing tickets put on closer inspection it says:

Section
    STAND
    Row
    G11
    Seats
    555 - 560

this does not corespond to anything on the seating chart, can somebody enlighten me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's probably a standing ticket then. They are just using those to keep count of numbers.

thanks a bit confusing though, does anyone have experience as to when ticketmaster will dispatch the tickets.

is it worth getting onto them, need 3 of them to give away as xmas presents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

briman1983 wrote: »
    thanks a bit confusing though, does anyone have experience as to when ticketmaster will dispatch the tickets.

is it worth getting onto them, need 3 of them to give away as xmas presents

you won't get them until closer to the time of the gig, thats standard for them

Maybe get yourself a print off as confirmation of booking, and use that as the gift with a card, thats what i'm doing. Not as good, but its the thought that counts and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

It wasn't just online that had queues.

I got mine at the Ticketmaster office in Jervis. Got there about 8.40 and the fella working there got there about 8.45, getting ready etc.

For some reason, the first person in the queue didn't get his tickets till 9.20.
    Would ticketmasters own computers be under pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

With the condition of Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork and the fact that its a dinosaur stadium,I really hope that if/when Brucie cranks up the speakers,this wont happen.:D

03_wulihestadium_90483.jpg

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility - Bruce and the E Street band actually damaged the Ullevi stadium in Sweden in 85...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Qeued at Ticketmaster outlet in Waterford at 8.30, six ahead of me.
    Got tickets at 9.05, stressfree thank God. Standing in Cork, just what I wanted.
    I'm so haaapy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,507 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tickets still available for Cork and belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Got standing tickets for Cork after queuing in Cork this morning f*cking freezing and so slow at the ticketmaster counter but The Boss is worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

got my limerick ticket :D

had to run to work this morning to turn on the computer, managed to get on ticketmaster 9.10am, was in the que for 40min! thought l wouldnt get any tix, kept the phone off the hook & the hatch down on the door....roll on july :D:D:D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is the uncovered Stand in Cork the correct layout on the seating chart. I saw quite a few seating charts of PUC and in some of the charts the sections seem to be in reversed order.
    One thing thats definitely wrong with the layout on the Ticketmaster website is the fact the stage seems to be on the Terrace ,which is incorrect.
    The stage will be on the pitch ,meaning the first 2 sections of each stand will be closed due to the fact they are behind/level with the front of the stage.
    Sections H (Covered) and D (Uncovered) will be the closest sold seats .

I had seats in Section H of the Covered stand at 9.05 yesterday but I had them time out on my so in the end I had to go for standing tickets.
    I havent told my mum who is in her early 60's yet that she will be standing.:(
    I dont think it will be an issue as she was standing in the front row for Elton John in the Marquee a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Heard one of my favourite Springsteen songs 'Brilliant Disguise' on the radio coming into work this morning - chills! Still cannot believe I'll be seeing The Boss live for the 1st time in 2013! :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Heard one of my favourite Springsteen songs 'Brilliant Disguise' on the radio coming into work this morning - chills! Still cannot believe I'll be seeing The Boss live for the 1st time in 2013! :)

one of my favourites too! lv never heard it on radio, would make my year if he played it in limerick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

one of my favourites too! lv never heard it on radio, would make my year if he played it in limerick :D

He rarely plays that live. You never know though:rolleyes:

madalig12 wrote: »
    He rarely plays that live. You never know though:rolleyes:

l might request it tho theres loads l'd like to request :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I just after realising I think I actually bought a stand ticket for the cork gig,would anyone here know?Section Uncovg,row W,seats 21,22

Advertisement