Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2013

Options
  • 13-11-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey me and a couple of my friends were thinking of doing a j1 in the summer just wondering does anyone have any info on Chicago? thinking of there or maybe San Francisco any advice would be great? or any body else thinking of going?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

brendunn92 wrote: »
    Hey me and a couple of my friends were thinking of doing a j1 in the summer just wondering does anyone have any info on Chicago? thinking of there or maybe San Francisco any advice would be great? or any body else thinking of going?

Chicago was probably the most popular destination for 2012. Always full of Irish. Anyone I know that went to Chicago found jobs last year. San Francisco is apparently deadly to get jobs and the standard of living is higher which means things cost more! That's all I can say for that really!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brendunn92

Thanks very much appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ivy and Gold

I know a lot of people last year who had to come home after a few weeks in Chicago cos they couldn't find jobs! But last year it was apparently the #1 J1 spot and it will prob be somewhere else this year - so don't worry! The girls I know who did go had the best craic! Chicago is also prob cheaper to live in than SF, but I read on this that if you can get cheap accom in a frat house! :) Your call!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Dub0000 wrote: »
    a friend of mine was telling me about this new j1 company being set up

What is your connection with the company? Why are you posting the same exact thing in two different threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jo92xx

Hello !
    just booked our J1 to Chicago, cant wait! any developments on accomdation/jobs ? :) just me and one other friend so we are really looking to get to know some others who are heading that direction

• Advertisement

Hey sorry just seeing this now! nope not really haven't had been doing anything tbh but lots of people telling me once you get over its not too hard to find a job and place to stay.. There's a facebook page you can join its just for people going chicago.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/118332658328900/ that's the link :)

Hey sorry just seeing this now! nope not really haven't had been doing anything tbh but lots of people telling me once you get over its not too hard to find a job and place to stay.. There's a facebook page you can join its just for people going chicago.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/118332658328900/ that's the link :)

Thanks a million for getting back no problem about the delay... Im in the same boat haven't done much either , would be some relief to have accommodation sorted :) yep joined the Facebook group it's very helpful! Thanks again :)

No prob..ya stop would be a weight off my shoulders anyway! hostels are ment to be fairly pricey over there so dont want to end up in them too long ha!

Heard that alright.... Try and avoid them if at all possible ! It's literally count down at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Katie28G

Me and my friend are flying over on the 20th of may. Be great to get in contact with others going, as there is only 2 of us!.. Cant get into that link to facebook tho!.. Anyone else under 21?!.. bit worried about that!..

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118332658328900 thats the link to the page it should be working?

Nope its still not!.. Doesn't want me to join!ha!

weird? just search for it Chicago j1 2013 there's like over 300 members should come up?

Katie28G wrote: »
    Me and my friend are flying over on the 20th of may. Be great to get in contact with others going, as there is only 2 of us!.. Cant get into that link to facebook tho!.. Anyone else under 21?!.. bit worried about that!..

Hello :) oh really? Oh that would be great Katie ! We defo should get in contact , if u want to add me on Facebook even or something? My other friend isn't 21 yet... Il be turning 21 In may so in the aspect I'm lucky I suppose! Oh it took me ages for the page to accept me ... Are you really excited ??! I've so much yet to do!

What he/she going do bout id?!.. going be a pain not getting in!.. Yeah, kinda nervous too tho!.. no idea what to expect!.. Should be unreal tho!.. :) When ye heading over?!..

Advertisement