Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shaving dilema!!

• 14-11-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have major senxitive skin! i have always had excema but has gotten worse in recent years,and dermatitis on my hands,and acne and scarring from it etc
    when it comes too shaving my legs and under my arms it has become a nightmare and have had too stop recently due too the aftermath of shaving!! when the hair grows back,my skin is soo irritated that ive ripped at my leg trying too get rid of the itch but as a result my legs are in tatters!
    in the past,i have used the creams instead of shaving in the past and even used mens shaving cream as someone suggested it,cant go down the waxing road as the skin is broken!
    got fed up of having hairy legs so i gave in recently and shaved arounf the broken skin! ha staate of them!!
    any tips/advice would be greatly apreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I dunno if this helps but I used to get very bad razor burn, this is what I do.
    I never shave my legs if they're dry/flakey, put a load of body butter on them a good hour of two before hand if they are. I always exfoliate in the shower with those exfoliating gloves, makes the hairs grow the right way.
    I generally give them a light exfoliate in a hot steamy shower, and just use a moisturising shower gel to make a really think lather, then shave with my trusty Venus. Always makes sure your legs stay warm afterwards too, so the pores don't close too soon, and moisturise with something nice, my skin prefers something with oils!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Wow! Thanks for posting this - only lastnight I was thinking of posting about this very subject.

I shave my legs, which is grand. But about 3 - 4 days afterwards the itch becomes so bad I'm tearing at my legs to scratch them. However, it doesn't ease it at all. This has only started happening in the last year, not sure where i'm going wrong. I exfoliate in the shower, use Palmer's Cocoa butter moisturiser and some Bio Oil a few days a week.

I did Google this before and it was recommended to take an anti-histamine at bedtime, this is when the itching, for me, gets worse. However, this isn't ideal and I'd love a solution to shaving... I've tried going without (I've fine / light regrowth) but I'm not happy with that. I'd rather be smooth!

Help! My legs are going to be itched off me if I don't find a cure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i think theres a no shave cream, like you just have to put the cream and you dont need to shave just to remove the hair. or you can try to ask dermaatologist, i think theres a way that the skin hair wont grow back again. ive seen it a lot of times in the dermatologist clinic in the malls.

Advertisement