Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loss of Video Sound from Laptop to HDMI tv

• 14-11-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

This is hopefully a simple one, apologies if it's come up exhaustively before, but we've had a dig around for answers and checked through some HDMI settings already. Sound still goes from Laptop (Sony VAIO a few years old), if the laptop beeps the sound comes from the TV, and play something in itunes and it comes from the TV, but try to play a video, youtube or others, and no sound. The image is fine - and the HDMI link has previously worked fine.

Any details needed that would help get to the bottom of this, or anything silly I've missed, Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Possibly a codec issue? All I can think of. Have you installed any codec packs or not updated the one you have installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

seen this issue lots of times before with vista PCs / laptops. if the application you are using is playing sound (media player/ IE,Chrome) and you then plug into tv via HDMI the sound will continue to play through laptop speakers. (if this is the case) you need to close the program, then go to the sound settings in control panel, find the hdmi icon, R-clcik and set as default, now open program or movie again and now the sound should play through TV.

It has worked for me in the past, with vista, but i no longer have this issue whit WIN 7

Advertisement