Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I phone 4 v I phone 5

• 14-11-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Right am on standby list for I phone 5 , just wondering is it really a huge difference between the two to even warrant a upgrade??? Thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

decies wrote: »
    Right am on standby list for I phone 5 , just wondering is it really a huge difference between the two to even warrant a upgrade??? Thoughts??

Yes, massive difference in speed and responsiveness. The screen is much better also. I couldn't go back to using a 4 now, I've used a friends one since and it feels so old and sluggish compared to the 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I went from a 4 to a 5. Would hate to go back. My wife still has a 4 and I can't stand it anymore!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I didn't think there would be a difference but after upgrading from the 4 to the 5 I can say it definitely is a lot faster. Opening apps, loading or processing are all faster. Most of the time it beats my iPad 3 opening apps and loading data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

mind you with the new iOS you lose maps and youtube apps. I've still got my iP4 jailbroken on iOS5.1.1 but yes the 5 is faster and bigger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's been updated in every conceivable way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    Most of the time it beats my iPad 3 opening apps and loading data.

That's the A6 chip over the A5X chip and the 5 hasn't been used as much as your iPad yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Aodhagan wrote: »
    That's the A6 chip over the A5X chip and the 5 hasn't been used as much as your iPad yet.

How do you know how much his iPad is used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Aodhagan wrote: »

I doubt it's gonna get slower over time. Well the iPhone 5 will a bit but then again the iPad probably will as well. Even syncing to iTunes is much faster now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

decies wrote: »
    Couldn't go back to that squashed up screen! ;)

And the lightness... ooh the lightness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

iPhone 4 to 5, you'll notice the difference, 4S to 5 not so much, increased screen real estate and slightly quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

zinzan wrote: »
    iPhone 4 to 5, you'll notice the difference, 4S to 5 not so much, increased screen real estate and slightly quicker

Any model older than a 4 and you'll get a noticeable upgrade.
    From a 4S to a 5 its really not worth it, unless you're a major Apple fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

I moved from a 4s to a Galaxy S3 in the earlier in the year when the S3 came out primarily for the bigger screen. I only kept the S3 for 3 months and then sold it as I just didn't take to it at all and found it a frustrating buggy experience. I then changed to Iphone 5 a few weeks back and have been loving it so far. The bigger longer screen is makes a far better phone for reading content and playing video (while not being as unwieldy as the S3) , alsothe speed is a noticeable step up from the 4s. The other thing is the lightness, it is dramatically lighter that the 4s and sometimes you forget it is in you pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How is the difference battery performance between the 4s and 5?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Any model older than a 4 and you'll get a noticeable upgrade.
    From a 4S to a 5 its really not worth it, unless you're a major Apple fan.

How do you know? Do you have a 5? The 5 is miles better than the 4S.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How is the difference battery performance between the 4s and 5?

Huge.

My battery on the 5 is even better than the 4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mad muffin wrote: »
    How do you know? Do you have a 5? The 5 is miles better than the 4S.
    Shut up, you major Apple fan!

Dades wrote: »
    Shut up, you major Apple fan!

I only speaketh the truth :D

Advertisement