Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wireless Broadband

• 14-11-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Have just got broadband in for first time and have had nothing but problems with it. The wireless connection drops for no reason, but when I plug in the ethernet cable there is no problem....

I am running an internet radio off it, and have attempted to run one laptop with windows 7 on it (it always kicks me off when I attempt to link to it wirelessly).

When I check my network settings it says strenght excellent but then says cannot connect to eircom xxxxxxxx. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom wireless internet was shut down by Comreg in June, I take it you mean a wireless router.

Do you have lots of neighbours or do you live in a rural area??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭denismc

The fact that you can get internet through the ethernet without problems suggests some kind of intereference or bad signal. If you have a lot of people in the area with the same service provider then they may be on the same channel, try changing channel on your router.
    Also if you can borrow a different router, I find the routers eircom provide are of the pound shop variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Ring Eircom Technical services before you mess with anything.
    They should walk you through it.

Advertisement