Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large swelling on back causing pain

Options
  • 14-11-2012 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My brother has been complaining about a pain in his back since Sunday. He said its worse at school as he is sitting in the one position for 30-40 mins and his back stiffens up. This evening i was helping him with his English and the same pain in his back came again. It only comes when he stays in the one position for more then 5-10 mins.
    I had a look at his back this evening and i saw that the lower left side of his spine was swollen. It is very unusual looking. The swelling is circled in red in the following attachment.
    All help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He needs to go the doctor.
    Looking for help online is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭durano

For most ailments I would suggest going to a doc however for back injuries are wasting your time,you will just be told to rest it up.
    Doctors and sports injuries rarely mix in my experience,they don't have the expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

durano wrote: »
    For most ailments I would suggest going to a doc however for back injuries are wasting your time,you will just be told to rest it up.
    Doctors and sports injuries rarely mix in my experience,they don't have the expertise.
    Who siad it was a sports injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RachelO167

I can guarantee that this is NOT a sports injury. My brother doesn't play any sports. I think we'll bring him to the doctors tomorrow just to make sure it isn't anything serious

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seeking medical advice from a lot of anonymous people on the internet is never a good idea, and is expressly forbidden by the Boards T&C.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement