Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone purchase.

• 14-11-2012 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭

Evening folks,

I'm sure you get plenty of threads like this every month so apologies in advance. I'd really like to buy an iPhone at the moment but am unsure whether to go pay as you go or bill pay. I'd like a 4, 4S or 5 if possible although will most likely have to go for a 4.

Are there any decent bill-pay plans out there that aren't 24 month contract? I'm not sure I'd have the cash to buy one for circa €450 at the moment but wouldn't mind paying around €35 a month.

Cheers folks any advice is appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

166man wrote: »
    Evening folks,

I'm sure you get plenty of threads like this every month so apologies in advance. I'd really like to buy an iPhone at the moment but am unsure whether to go pay as you go or bill pay. I'd like a 4, 4S or 5 if possible although will most likely have to go for a 4.

Are there any decent bill-pay plans out there that aren't 24 month contract? I'm not sure I'd have the cash to buy one for circa €450 at the moment but wouldn't mind paying around €35 a month.

Cheers folks any advice is appreciated! :)

Emobile had a special offer iPhone 5 16gb €299 unlimited calls texts and 15gb data for €34.50, not sure if they are still offering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If you can't afford a 5 now just save up. If you buy a 4 you might as well set your money on fire and flush it down the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Doodah7

mad muffin wrote: »
    If you can't afford a 5 now just save up. If you buy a 4 you might as well set your money on fire and flush it down the toilet.

What?

Do you mean that an iPhone 4 can't make calls, send messages, use apps like other iPhones?? If that is the case, you should report Apple to Consumer Affairs for breaching trade rules.

Cop on. Not everyone has to have the fastest, whizziest phone on the market. Not everyone gets hung up about having Apple's latest overhyped features. Some people want to use a phone as a phone with some extra features. They're strange like that...

tallpaul wrote: »
    What?

Do you mean that an iPhone 4 can't make calls, send messages, use apps like other iPhones?? If that is the case, you should report Apple to Consumer Affairs for breaching trade rules.

Cop on. Not everyone has to have the fastest, whizziest phone on the market. Not everyone gets hung up about having Apple's latest overhyped features. Some people want to use a phone as a phone with some extra features. They're strange like that...

I stand by my claim as i have both, do you? The iPhone 5 has been improved over the 4 in every conceivable way, including the Phone part. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

In fairness that was a stupid claim and there is a big price difference between the 4 and 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Call it quits and settle on 4S so! ;)

pedatron wrote: »
    Call it quits and settle on 4S so! ;)
    Nooooooooooooo... 5 all the way man!;)

Advertisement