Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery-operated Christmas lights?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone spotted any battery-operated Christmas lights around? I had an idea or two for some decorating but don't have sockets where I want them.

The only ones I've seen so far were a little pack of ten lights for €9.99 in Malahide Garden Centre. Bit steep for such a small set I thought!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Alicat wrote: »
    Anyone spotted any battery-operated Christmas lights around? I had an idea or two for some decorating but don't have sockets where I want them.

The only ones I've seen so far were a little pack of ten lights for €9.99 in Malahide Garden Centre. Bit steep for such a small set I thought!

Battery operated lights on sale in Dealz and also EuroGiant shops.

How good or shyte that are...I dont know.

They are also for sale in Kinsealy Garden Centre,but fairly pricey.

You wil also get thm in B&Q and Woodies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I think I saw them in Dunnes and M and S.

Just be careful tho, they EAT batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Thanks!

Yeah it's just for a few nights for parties. Don't plan on keeping them on all Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Lidl seem to have some on tomorrow's specials, also IKEA has very plain ones (10lights) for €2 and a snowflake one (10 bulbs) for €4

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm thinking of getting one of these in Woodies.
    Has anyone ever had a battery operated garland/wreath? I'm wondering what kind of batteries they take and how hard on batteries they are.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these in Woodies.
    Has anyone ever had a battery operated garland/wreath? I'm wondering what kind of batteries they take and how hard on batteries they are.

Usually 2-3 AAA batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Premier have released indoor/outdoor lights that are battery operated . They come on for eight hours and off for 16 hours everyday . They last for 30 days on twinkling mode

I got cute coloured star ones in Homestore & M*re last Christmas. They were all half price in December, paid €1.99. I can't remember if they were sets of 10 or 20, but as others said, they absolutely eat batteries.

Premier have released indoor/outdoor lights that are battery operated . They come on for eight hours and off for 16 hours everyday . They last for 30 days on twinkling mode

Kinsealy Garden Center have them in stock.

I was looking at them today out there.

10 euro for a small set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got these ones in Kinsealy Garden Centre! €12.95 for 50 lights, was pretty impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I got some in Heatons last year

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They have some in M&S. I picked up these ones because I was buying 2 stockings and it's 3 for 2.

41yZxRk7AsL._SX182__PImands3For2Tag,BottomRight,1,1_SX182_CR0,0,182,0_SH35_SH35_.jpg

Bit expensive but there was nothing else there that I wanted and they were free and they're lovely! I wouldn't pay full price for them.

Advertisement