Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

islam... changes the country

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Exactly what point are you trying to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 Jendrus0

Exactly what point are you trying to make?

conversion maybe? any suggestion?
    hope the call will be in a peace manner. we all love a peace, don't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

What difference does it possibly make if the person operating a checkout wears a hijab or (in the case of a Sikh male) a turban?:confused:

The headgear has no influence whatsoever on the standard to which the person in question is doing his or her work.:cool: The only possible reason for objecting to it is bigotry founded on abysmal ignorance. :rolleyes:

We are living in a globalised world and our society is becoming increasingly multicultural. Therefore any company that, like Dunne's presumably does, wishes to attract customers from all segments of the population must recognise this reality and allow for some flexibility in its dress code. If it, nevertheless, decides to preclude this flexibility and scope for variation, then it should be honest and publish its detailed dress code for all - including its Muslim actual and potential customers - to see, and thereby alienate many customers at a time when they should be glad to get any.:D

I also fail to see why any customer of Dunne's Stores or any other retail outlet should become upset at the sight of a checkout girl wearing a hijab.:cool:

What I find distasteful, by contrast, is customers wearing crumpled pyjamas. Perhaps Dunne's would be better employed introducing a dress code for its customers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

Therefore any company that, like Dunne's presumably does, wishes to attract customers from all segments of the population must recognise this reality and allow for some flexibility in its dress code.

Really? Is this the way to attract muslims customer?I wonder, where are they shopping right now

Also, if they only shop where women wear a scarf, or maybe a burka, i wonder, where is the multiculturalism here? It looks like the 'multi' quick becoming a 'mono'...

Advertisement