Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recreate iTunes library without loosing playcount & playlists?

• 14-11-2012 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

There's a whole bunch of albums have somehow become disassociated from my library (little "!" Beside them). When I look, they're there, just iTunes can't find them.

To save time doing them individually, I could delete the library & rescan, but I'd loose my playcount & playlists.

Is there any tool for doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't think you lose your playlists if you do that..
    but you can save your playlists..export them as text files and you can import them back into itunes again.
    I've done it a few times as I reinstall windows every 6-9 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DJpaudie

All the info regarding the itunes library is stored in an XML file in the itunes folder. make a copy of that before you do anything. If the ! si there is means itunes cant reach the file. Click edit,preferences and advanced. Check what itunes is saying the path is and and check that this is the actual path of the file. (SEE PIC). Change it if necessary. It may be something simple like renaming a folder or drive letter or something.

Then once the path in the info matches the actual path of the directory click ok. Then go to the main itunes music tab. Click the ctrl and A and right click again. Go to get info, click ok to the warning and once the get info box opens just click ok no need to actually do anything in it. Let itunes refresh the files and you should be good to go... Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DJpaudie

Sorry here is a screenshot:
    33kddw8.png

Advertisement