Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Art (incl. photography) comp. Uniquely Dublin

• 14-11-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.uniquelydublin.ie/
    €10,000. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks for the headsup:)

Had a quick look. No rules mentioned on site, no mention of image rights etc. Photos must be 17Mp minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Likewise.

I have a really good idea for this! It's something I've been working on for the past few weeks. I was about to start uploading the pics as a series, but I guess I'll hold off on that.

My idea is kind of a photo-essay though. I'll have to email and find out if that's acceptable. They don't seem to mention how many photos are allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Anyone see their T&C's page anywhere? Yes, I am going blind.

No, not that I can see.

Just the category guidelines, and there's not a lot of info under the photographic category.

I've emailed them regarding the number of photos that can be submitted and rules regarding photo manipulation, but I haven't received a reply yet.

They got back to me earlier (although I had to get the guy running the twitter account to deal with it - cheers Rob!)

There is no restriction on the number of photos you can enter overall, or as part of a single entry.

There's also no restriction on photo manipulation, provided it is all your own work.

And I spotted on their Twitter earlier that the specific T&Cs for the contest are going to be up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

amdgilmore wrote: »
    They got back to me earlier (although I had to get the guy running the twitter account to deal with it - cheers Rob!)

There is no restriction on the number of photos you can enter overall, or as part of a single entry.

There's also no restriction on photo manipulation, provided it is all your own work.

And I spotted on their Twitter earlier that the specific T&Cs for the contest are going to be up soon.

Anything on rights / irrevocable licences / etc ? May be in the full T&C's when it surfaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I sent them a tweet yesterday and they answered that there is no limit to the number of images you can submit. They said that they are finalising T&C (wanted to have them spot on before publishing) I did say to them that some photographers will not submit without know the T&C's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Looks as if T+C's are live, it gives the council 'Exclusive rights' for 18months.
    And closing date is 28th January ... next week.

http://www.uniquelydublin.ie/index.php/terms-and-conditions/

rgds
    Diesel

Nuts. I forgot to enter this. Don't have time to get my idea done by next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

*shock*, *horror* a photography competition where the winner isn't picked by the most amount of likes in Facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

amdgilmore wrote: »
    Nuts. I forgot to enter this. Don't have time to get my idea done by next week

Bryan Dobson said on Six-one that the date is extended to late February , such is the demand .

It was also said that a text message could win the €10,000

Bryan Dobson said on Six-one that the date is extended to late February , such is the demand .

It was also said that a text message could win the €10,000

Oh great. February 25th, from the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Anyone see their T&C's page anywhere? Yes, I am going blind.

Holy god, you give away all your rights for 18 months at least if you submit (i.e. not just the winners). A blatant rights grab, if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

dinneenp wrote: »
    *shock*, *horror* a photography competition where the winner isn't picked by the most amount of likes in Facebook!

Ha, it is !

Advertisement