Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to do an Irish course for UK educated primary teacher?

• 14-11-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Relative of mine who is a primary teacher has asked me to find out the following:
    1. Where or how would she go about doing an Irish course to allow her to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
    She has a degree in primary teaching from a very reputable university in the UK.

2. If such an Irish course exists, can it be done over say Christmas, Easter or Over the summer? As she is currently teaching in the UK she is limited to doing the course during these times.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭derb12

Has she got leaving cert higher level irish already? I assume she is not starting from scratch!
    The teaching council should be able to answer this for her. I wouldn't undertake any course unless I had cleared it with the TC first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Relative of mine who is a primary teacher has asked me to find out the following:
    1. Where or how would she go about doing an Irish course to allow her to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
    She has a degree in primary teaching from a very reputable university in the UK.

2. If such an Irish course exists, can it be done over say Christmas, Easter or Over the summer? As she is currently teaching in the UK she is limited to doing the course during these times.

Thank you!

Seriously, even assuming she is Irish, a 2 week mickey mouse course in Irish (Christmas, Easter) would not be enough to qualify her to teach the subject at any level.

She should contact the teaching council, tell them what qualifications she has and see what they have to say.

Advertisement