Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an Indian Ink tattoo done professionally in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I really love the raw style of Indian Ink tattoos.

Does anyone have any info on where this can be doneprofessionally around Dublin?

Thanks in advance,

b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

By Indian ink I'm assuming you mean handpoked? I don't know about Dublin, but Phil Cummins in West Cork is an extremely talented guy with both machine work and handpoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I really love the raw style of Indian Ink tattoos.

Does anyone have any info on where this can be doneprofessionally around Dublin?

Thanks in advance,

b

most indian ink tattoo's where done with a a sowing needle and a matchstick ,

you might mean handpoked ? any good artist should be able to do you for you , go check out portfolios , its the best way to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you do mean handpoked, I recommend Inkwell in Celbridge

Recently did a tattoo on my OH by hand and it's perfect (granted it was a very simple tattoo, but he has a massive interested in hand tattooing and is very into it!)

Very talented artist in general

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

+1 for John in Inkwell. Good artist and he's really into the traditional styles of tattooing like handpoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

If you fancy waiting, there's a Traditional Tattoo and Culture festival every summer in Cork. Top traditional/handpoke artists from all over the world travel to take part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Is that still going ahead? I was under the impression it had finished up? Was there one this year? I went last year and it was an amazing weekend, hope I didn't miss ont this year!

Advertisement