Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Posts and shiplap panels on the cheap

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy these in the dublin area? now before you all tell me they will rot and be useless in a few years. i am well aware of that but i need a short term cheap solution to a boundry issue.
    I got a quote for a 64 foot lenght 8 foot high fence 2 days ago for 1400. i had to laugh. cheaper to build a bleeding wall which would be the best option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

25 euro is the cheapest i can find for the panels. thats 180 x 180. anyone know any better prices?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

25 euro is the cheapest i can find for the panels. thats 180 x 180. anyone know any better prices?

Thats a good price.:)

Heiton Buckleys and Chadwicks were selling 6 foot x 6 foot presssure treated hit and miss fence panels and shiplap fence panels for 25 euro.

I bought a load of large trellis frames off them for that price.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

got some overlap fencing from timbertrove in south dublin. they have a good selection of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy these in the dublin area? now before you all tell me they will rot and be useless in a few years. i am well aware of that but i need a short term cheap solution to a boundry issue.
    I got a quote for a 64 foot lenght 8 foot high fence 2 days ago for 1400. i had to laugh. cheaper to build a bleeding wall which would be the best option.

Just wondering if you are confusing Shiplap with lapped, two completely different finishes. the latter is cheap and basic and typicalyy costs € 25.00/panel, pressure treated shiplap would be € 70.00+/panel. Also why would you use a H-post with a lapped panel? Surely to keep costs down a basic post would be better for a basic panel finish?

A simpler and more cost effective solution would be a post (3" or 4" tree stakes) and chainlink, costs less but lasts much longer than a basic lap panel, which is not much better than 'cardboard'.

Advertisement