Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia Drive

Options
  • 14-11-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Just got a WD Multimedia Drive and when plugged into computer I see some files already on it (autorun, .part and something called .elements).
    Does anybody know if it is safe to delete all these or will doing this cause any problem when I connect the drive to TV. At the moment am waiting for files to copy from computer

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

practice wrote: »
    Just got a WD Multimedia Drive and when plugged into computer I see some files already on it (autorun, .part and something called .elements).
    Does anybody know if it is safe to delete all these or will doing this cause any problem when I connect the drive to TV. At the moment am waiting for files to copy from computer

Very safe to delete them. In fact I reccomend formatting the drive into FAT32 if you'll be using it in the TV, many TVs wont read NTFS if it was pre-formatted to that, if it's in FAT32 format then delete all those files

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

yoyo wrote: »
    Very safe to delete them. In fact I reccomend formatting the drive into FAT32 if you'll be using it in the TV, many TVs wont read NTFS if it was pre-formatted to that, if it's in FAT32 format then delete all those files

Nick
    Yes its NTFS but ok as tv reads it and want ntfs for HD file size.
    Will delete those extra files as son as copy done.
    Thanks for reply.

Advertisement