Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for a birthday buffet/brunch

Options
  • 14-11-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Wife's birthday is fast approaching and I need to find a nice place to take about 12 people for lunch/brunch. I know she'd prefer a buffet style of restaurant. Any suggestions besides Star King?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Crowes in bohermore might be worth asking, usually willing to cater for most requests, might be too much of a pub for you though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Crowes????

hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you have a suggestion fishy?

This weekend OP? Radisson does Sundays afaik but best ring first
    http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/sunday-lunch-galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Crowes????

hilarious. :D

Then where would you recommend Fishy?

He asked for somewhere that would put on a buffet style lunch or brunch for a group of about 12, Gremlinertia used their personal experience to recommend Crowes but did say it might not be what the OP asked for.

What's hilarious about it?

Crows is known as one of the best places in town for Breakfast, so really it wouldn't be a stretch to recommend them for brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

biko wrote: »
    Did you have a suggestion fishy?

This weekend OP? Radisson does Sundays afaik but best ring first
    http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/sunday-lunch-galway

oops sorry biko got cut off for some reason

yes,

kashmire indian
    radisson blu

for starters....(pardon the pun) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually I passed Crowes on the bus today and remembered a company outing we had there. Food was terrific and plentiful. May pop in to see what they can offer.

I'm leaning towards Biko's Radisson at the moment though. May go give it a test one Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Amik wrote: »
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually I passed Crowes on the bus today and remembered a company outing we had there. Food was terrific and plentiful. May pop in to see what they can offer.

I'm leaning towards Biko's Radisson at the moment though. May go give it a test one Sunday. :)
    Crowes do great carvery lunches too. Kashmir is the poorest of Galway's Indians in my view so id swerve that, Tulsi do a Sunday buffet which is good and Eastern Tandoori do a special Sunday lunch something like 3 courses for €15 if i remember.

Advertisement