Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bio Oil for sun damaged skin

• 14-11-2012 1:35pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought some Bio Oil for the first time yesterday as it was on special in Boots and I have seen it recommended for so many different things. One of the things it says on the pack is that it is good for sun-damaged skin.
    I have broken veins on my cheeks which as as a result of sun damage when I was on medication...one of the side effects was sensitivity to sun which I didn't take enough notice of :rolleyes:

So anyway, just wondering if anyone has used it on similar damage and if it had any noticeable results? I have been told on a couple of occasions that the only thing that can get rid if broken veins completely is laser therapy, just wondering if it will even improve the look of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

miamee wrote: »
    I bought some Bio Oil for the first time yesterday as it was on special in Boots and I have seen it recommended for so many different things. One of the things it says on the pack is that it is good for sun-damaged skin.
    I have broken veins on my cheeks which as as a result of sun damage when I was on medication...one of the side effects was sensitivity to sun which I didn't take enough notice of :rolleyes:

So anyway, just wondering if anyone has used it on similar damage and if it had any noticeable results? I have been told on a couple of occasions that the only thing that can get rid if broken veins completely is laser therapy, just wondering if it will even improve the look of them?

I use Bio Oil both day and night. It doesn't get rid of broken veins. It might very well ease the redness of them but it doesn't make them go away - which a beauty therapist pointed out to me only recently.

keep using it though, it's a great product for moisturising and evening skin tone. I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

No it won't get rid of the broken veins it's good for scars and stretch marks. Laser is the way to go on getting rid...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is Bio Oil okay to use on your face? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Posy wrote: »
    Is Bio Oil okay to use on your face? :o

Yes, I use it every day on my face... it's non corrosive!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks for all the replies, hopefully it evens out my skin tone a bit and reduces redness. Not ready for laser on the face just yet, bit scary tbh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement