Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAX2 Provider with unlimited calls to Irish Mobiles

Options
  • 14-11-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anybody know what is the best/cheapest provider that offer unlimited and multiply simultaneous calls?

I'm hoping for IAX2 as well but SIP will do.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No.

The reason is that all of the mobile operators charge the VOIP operators quite substantial rates and anyone offering a fixed-price service would go broke pretty quickly.

I know blueface do unlimited call plans on IAX and SIP.

If you want good quality and cheap, they don't go together. I generally recommend Digiweb which provide a SIP wholesale trunk, and you pay per minute and no monthy fee. The most expensive is for an irish landline is 1.2 cent per minute at peak time. That's with local CLI. If you don't mind about CLI, there's international providers out there for 3cent a minute.
    I can't see them making a profit, when the likes of 3 Huchison charge providers direct termination rates of 3 cent on weekend and 23 cent on peak times.

You best bet would be to get a GSM module and connect a Tesco or Emobile sim to your pbx.

Just got an email about this, calls are 1 cent to Irish mobiles per minute. Usually 2 cent.

https://www.freevoipdeal.com

By the way, the 3 wholesale termination rates are around 3 cent in peak depending on call volume. Providers make serious profits, believe me. That's Ireland I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Just got an email about this, calls are 1 cent to Irish mobiles per minute. Usually 2 cent.

https://www.freevoipdeal.com

By the way, the 3 wholesale termination rates are around 3 cent in peak depending on call volume. Providers make serious profits, believe me. That's Ireland I suppose :)

Thanks for the heads-up on VoipDeal ;)

Looking at the rates I wonder what the third item below relates to .... non-geographic numbers? ....

Ireland (Landline) FREE* ............ FREE* ....... FREE* ... 120 days
    Ireland (Mobile) ......................... € 0.010 ...... € 0.012
    Ireland [national Rate] (Landline). € 0.250 ...... € 0.288

The rates appear excellent ...... I do not see any 'set-up' charge relating to each call, which was common for those with the cheaper rates.

I have no idea how they can offer such rates for calls to Irish mobiles.
    I hope they retain their rates, as I think I might try them in a month or so when my present 'credit' runs out.

Thanks again for the post ... I have not been keeping a watch on rates this last year or so. :(

Thanks for the heads-up on VoipDeal ;)

Looking at the rates I wonder what the third item below relates to .... non-geographic numbers? ....

Ireland (Landline) FREE* ............ FREE* ....... FREE* ... 120 days
    Ireland (Mobile) ......................... € 0.010 ...... € 0.012
    Ireland [national Rate] (Landline). € 0.250 ...... € 0.288

The [national-rate] is 0818 as you can call those from abroad. 0818 numbers are charged at national rate, so if your neighbour is 0818 you pay just like someone in another county. There normally not in any call plans.

I doubt these providers have 1890/1850 terminations as they're not in Ireland.

Their providers I guess work by pushing prices down to increase demand for this route. Termination charges from the mobile network are actually quite small, believe it or not. 076 would be under local.

Advertisement