Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Dublin City Centre

• 14-11-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

No fiber optic cable is available in the area but eircom phone lines are in the apartment block.I am not connected at the moment. I don't want a fixed telephone line as I have a mobile. I'm looking for unlimited downloads and I would prefer not to use a USB modem type stick stuck into the back of the PC. What companies would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

mayohigh wrote: »
    No fiber optic cable is available in the area but eircom phone lines are in the apartment block.I am not connected at the moment. I don't want a fixed telephone line as I have a mobile. I'm looking for unlimited downloads and I would prefer not to use a USB modem type stick stuck into the back of the PC. What companies would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi
    UPC if available to you. It uses the existing cable and there is no line rental costs compared to Eircom. For further info visit http://www.upc.ie. Their speeds range from 50 - 150Mb down and up to 10Mb up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mayohigh

I've just been in touch with UPC and they say no - they need fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

mayohigh wrote: »

Where in Dublin city centre is it specifically?

Advertisement