Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune In Radio App

Options
  • 14-11-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anything can be to correct the feed delay on this app?Any alternative apps?Bit of a nuisance at a live game.Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

seligehgit wrote: »
    Just wondering if anything can be to correct the feed delay on this app?Any alternative apps?Bit of a nuisance at a live game.Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area.

In the settings you can set the buffer time I think by default its set at 5sec try setting it to 0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

In the settings you can set the buffer time I think by default its set at 5sec try setting it to 0

Thanks Kenny but I do not think that will correct the 30 second or so delay??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny but I do not think that will correct the 30 second or so delay??:confused:

Better data connection is what you need :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't think it's realistic to expect an internet feed to be live. If it was, there would probably be unacceptable levels of break in service that would render the station unusable.

Before digital mp3 players, there was a CD player produced for joggers where the device could deal with the assorted bumping that would follow from being mounted on the belt of a runner. Seamless music flow was achieved by the simple device of buffering the music so that if the laser skipped out of position, there was always enough data (typically up to 30 seconds worth) to keep the music playing uninterrupted until the laser could be repositioned to continue reading the CD. The same principle is behind the deliberate delay involved in internet radio.

I have a radio controlled clock beside my desk so I can see the exact time and if I'm listening to BBC R2 on my internet radio, the pips on the hour are typically 25 seconds slow.

Advertisement