Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beats Headphones, an unreasonable amount of time to repair

Options
  • 14-11-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping you can help, have tried to do a bit of research but I have some unusal circumstances.

Theres a bit of info so I'll keep it as brief and to the point as I can if there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Back story

Purchased Studio Beats headphones off a Seller on Adverts who won them in work. so I have no contract with seller or retailer so my only option was to deal with Manufacturer.

Contacted beats on 10th Sep to book a repair they advised they are in the process of setting up a new repair centre, and would contact me the following week to organise the repair, this actually took over two weeks.

Sent Heaphones off to the Netherlands at my own cost (15 euro) which were delivered on the 5th of Oct. Was advised repalcement can take up to 4 weeks.

4 weeks later, (2nd Nov) advised Headphones would be sent the following Monday (5th Nov) - not done

Call again advised Headphones were only received on the 10th Oct and to wait a couple more days - Waited still no headphones.

Called again was advised they could offer me a free upgrade to wireless headphones or Professional headphones
    (Wirelss priced 20 dollars less than current headphones, Professional are priced 100 more)
    Chose professional as an upgrade and was happy to wait a little bit longer.

Received call next day to say a mistake was made and they could not offer me an upgrade.

Asked to speak to a supervisor, supervisor calls me back a few days after asking twice to speak to a supervisor and also mail sent to the beats support e-mail address detailing all the above
    Supervisor advises exactly same thing, can't upgrade and doesnt have an ETA on when my headphones will be shipped due to replacment stock issues.

Asked to speak to her supervisor and I am currently awaiting a call back.

So here I am, No Headphones, no compensation and being told tough luck you'll get your headphones when you get them.

I believe that under EU consumer law a repair should take a reasonable amount of time. SO my question is, Is there anythign I can do to force them to offer me another solution? anything law wise I can quote?

Thanks
    Crazyderk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

One girl said sh would blab to all her friends on facebook about Three unless a representative contacter her. Maybe that could work? :pac:

I would keep calling and calling and calling until my voice was gone if I had to wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A repair must be permanent and done in a timely fashion is basically what the rules say. However that applies to goods that go faulty during warranty and where the customer is claiming the goods went faulty due to a manufacturing fault and is seeking a repair under warranty.

In your case - according to your post - you don't have a contract with the retailer so can't avail of the buyer seller contract. Basically your cans have gone faulty and you've sent them off to be repaired at your own expense. I don't think the act offers anything unless they go faulty again after being repaired. I could be wrong of course ! :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

crazyderk wrote: »
    I believe that under EU consumer law a repair should take a reasonable amount of time. SO my question is, Is there anythign I can do to force them to offer me another solution? anything law wise I can quote?

If you didn't buy them then unfortunately your boned, just complain and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

ZENER wrote: »
    A repair must be permanent and done in a timely fashion is basically what the rules say. However that applies to goods that go faulty during warranty and where the customer is claiming the goods went faulty due to a manufacturing fault and is seeking a repair under warranty.

In your case - according to your post - you don't have a contract with the retailer so can't avail of the buyer seller contract. Basically your cans have gone faulty and you've sent them off to be repaired at your own expense. I don't think the act offers anything unless they go faulty again after being repaired. I could be wrong of course ! :)

Ken

THe only cost was P&P as they are covered under warranty.
    Yes I dont have a contract as buyer and seller but they should still repair them under warranty within a reasonable amount of time as per EU law.

If you didn't buy them then unfortunately your boned, just complain and complain.

I've been complaining but that only gets you so far, I'd like something solid to quote them with, so far I've found EEC 1999/40 which states im entitled to repair repalce or refund but I've quoted that and I'm basically being told, "sorry nothing we can do you'll just have to wait"

as an update I got a call back today from a supervisor (this is the supervisor of the supervisor from yesterday)

we had the same conversation, she said a priority had been put on replaceing my headphones and I should hear something either tomorrow or early next week. I said this is the 4th time I've been told this and what happens come wednesday and I've heard nothing? I really had to pin her down on this point as I wanted a commitment to some sort of action and she said she would see what she could do.

so we shall wait and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

OP you have no contract with the manufacturer. Consumer law does not apply. I'm surprised they are even entertaining a repair in all honesty as they are re-sold goods.

As for the length of time and the upgrade. All you can do is keep ringing them I'm afraid. The offer of an upgrade isn't likely enforceable legally.

If you really want to sound like a pub-lawyer look at the SIs from 2003/4 thatas the latest addition to Irish consumer legislation on point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Just to update, got an e-mail from UPS that the headphones are on their way. I was looking forward to a good polite fight on wednesday.

Thanks for all your replys folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

crazyderk wrote: »
    Just to update, got an e-mail from UPS that the headphones are on their way. I was looking forward to a good polite fight on wednesday.

Thanks for all your replys folks!

That polite fight wouldn't have gone the way you imagined it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement