Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maybe most people on here....or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Got a laugh out of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I's funny. Though promoted by (and presumably commissioned or created by) Sony, they probably have an agenda here :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The agenda here with Sony in Aus is to get people who "want" or feel the "need" to get a DLSR, to buy one of there other, easier to use cameras, where they don't need to worry about all the manual and "pro" settings and buy a simple, easy to use camera.

It still holds a lot of truth, especially with some of the "professional" fauxtographers that feel equipment/gadgets/gizmos/lightstands/brollys/battery grips are needed to feel like a "professional"

but still ask for simple advice on here!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

pete4130 wrote: »

It still holds a lot of truth, especially with some of the "professional" fauxtographers that feel battery grips are needed to feel like a "professional"
    How else can you shoot portait orientation though? I've tried and it doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Effects wrote: »
    How else can you shoot portait orientation though? I've tried and it doesn't work.

I usually turn my camera sideways ;)

• Advertisement

pete4130 wrote: »
    The agenda here with Sony in Aus is to get people who "want" or feel the "need" to get a DLSR, to buy one of there other, easier to use cameras, where they don't need to worry about all the manual and "pro" settings and buy a simple, easy to use camera.

Yes, I figured that bit out all right :) I just never really warm to these things when they're slick con jobs created by some huge international conglomerate with the sole purpose of trying to steal market share from some other huge international conglomerates.

Besides, they may be barking up the wrong tree here. What one of those people is going to watch this video and have a sudden epiphany ... THAT'S ME ! OMG ! I'd better SELL ALL MY DSLR VIDEO GEAR AND GET A NEX :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just ask your subject to lie on the ground and rotate the picture in photoshop to suit.

sineadw wrote: »
    But then the shutter button is in the wrong place.

I'm currently exhausted and therefore trying to detect if you're messing or not :) if you are, hah. If you're not, huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

You need to move your shutter finger correspondingly. Took me ages to work that out. :o

• Advertisement

I think I need to go back to bed ;)

I'm currently exhausted and therefore trying to detect if you're messing or not :) if you are, hah. If you're not, huh?
    Yeah, I am. I have a battery grip for my 5D but rarely use it. I also went and bought a standard grip for my Eos 1Vhs so it would be 2kg lighter and easier to carry around and use.

I find gear nuts will go out of their way to justify crap that they buy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Then the camera is still in Landscape but now pointing in the wrong direction. :confused:

No!!! The shutter button is still exactly where it was before. You just have your head finger in the wrong space.

There is no spoon Shutter.
    Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon Shutter that bends moves, it is only yourself.

smiley-face-matrix-005.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The inbuilt flash one hit home for me, it kept popping up and insisting on scanning the scene despite me turning it off.

Latest update.

Company which has failed at selling DSLRs and has vested interest in persuading people to buy compacts in research-proves-most-dslr-users-just-use-their-dslrs-like-compacts-anyway shocker :D

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/20/survey-majority-of-dslr-shooters-use-their-cameras-as-point-and-shoots/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

LAWL. i'll sell my 5d so

Advertisement