Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen

Options
  • 14-11-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭

I posted about this in the off-topic thread, and while it's not strictly relevant to building and upgrading, it could well be a reason for one in a years time or so (at least for me) and I think it would be beneficial to the community to know about it now. Anyway:

Star Citizen
    • It's a space sim.
    • It's for PC, and PC only.
    • It's Powered by CryEngine3.
    • It's using very powerful physics, and graphics.
    • It's set in a huge universe, with hundreds of planets.
    • It contains single player and multi-player elements.
    • It's being crowd funded.
    • The more money they get the more awesome it will be.
    • It's already really, really, awesome.

Make it more awesome. Or else.

Crowd funding ends in five days. Their initial goal of $2,000,000 has been met, and they're now at about $3.4M. Further donations will add content (ships, weapons, star systems, etc.), as well as more frequent updates.

Have a look at the Youtube video below to give you an idea, as well as the video on the main page of the source link. To get an idea of the detail and effort that's being put into this game, take a look at the Ships! page on the site as well, where the mechanics of all the ships' systems are broken down.

(I personally love the music in this)

Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lol, you really are in to it? :D

i sow it before. sounds good on a paper, but i really want to see how he will pull it off.

its like he wants to make EVe online with a dynamic complex combat. It took CPP 8 years to get EVE where it is now and Star Citizen wants to do it on launch even better.

dunno, i am looking forward to this game, but i am not hyped.

Advertisement