Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on 'Outdoor e-cig'

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

Im a new comer to vaping and all is going well (havent had a smoke since the start of november) apart from one aspect - vaping outdoors!

When I am at home, safely out of the elements, the vaping is perfect,
    better than smoking infact - no need for an ashtray,doesnt burn out when playing video games etc.

This all changes when Im outside and it becomes a bit lacklustre to be honest.
    The amount of vapour produced/inhaled seems less than when indoors.
    I like 'french inhaling' when indoors so I think the whole 'wind factor' doesnt help much when outside.
    Im using a ego-C battery and standard (I think!) clearomizer. The strenght of the juice is 16mg.

Im just wondering has anyone else experienced a drop in satisfaction when outdoors and if so can the recommend a good 'outdoor vaper'?

P.s. Stumbling across this forum encouraged me to make the switch.Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Definately noticed the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I don't personally use different setups for indoor and outdoor, except may for practical reasons like size, and carrying it around etc...

If the vape is good indoor in terms of flavour and throathit, this shouldn't change outdoors really. Obviously you might find you don't see as much vapour if it's a bit windy, but other than that there shouldn't really be much difference?? Maybe i'm missing what you're asking??

Outside, you could try a lower resistance clearo, or use an ego twist battery to bump up the volts, that'll give you a bit more vapour etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Here Come The Pretzels

Thanks Gryzor.
    Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. The throat hit doesnt really decrease when outdoors but the amount of vapour produced soesnt seem as satisfying somehow. The wind is definitly a factor but I never noticed the such a dramatic difference between smoking regular cigarettes indoors and outdoors.
    I was wondering if its just one of the slight drawbacks to vaping that every one just accepts and gets on with it so to speak.
    Ill try a lower resitance clearomizer - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Yeah, just one of them things i think, vapour is a different beast to ciggy smoke...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah i dont think there's much you can do apart from lowering the resistance of the atomiser/cartomiser but even then you'd still gert less vapour outdoors than you would indoors. even indoors vapour doesn't hang around as long as smoke does, it's less dense or somethjing so the wind just blows it apart very quickly

• Advertisement

Not to worry. Good to know its not just me!
    Im still going to stick with the vaping, I just thought there might be some crazy trick I was missing to enhance the outdoor experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

More VG = More Visible Vapor (that hangs around longer), although most clearo's don't handle thicker juice too well...

As regards the amount of smoke, I had fag a few days ago outdoors (one or two a week aint bad is it) .. and was completely unsatisfied afterwards with the amount of smoke it was putting out compared to my Rev3 + Genesis LOL deffo not for stealth Vaping.

With an Ego and Clearo though I could never say the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The best thing I've found for pure vapour production has been 3.0ohm Boge cartos with a high (70%+) juice. They give great clouds of vapour that stand up pretty well to outdoor wind.

I've only used them on a lavatube type device, but usually only at around 4.5v to 4.8v, so they might work fine on an eGo Twist or similar.

Thanks, Im going to try a VG juice out
    stevenmu wrote: »
    The best thing I've found for pure vapour production has been 3.0ohm Boge cartos with a high (70%+) juice. They give great clouds of vapour that stand up pretty well to outdoor wind.

I've only used them on a lavatube type device, but usually only at around 4.5v to 4.8v, so they might work fine on an eGo Twist or similar.

Bit of a newb question, but is the 70% you refer to the VG/PG percentage or nicotine content?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the vg/pg percentage

pretty sure 70% nicotine would kill you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Oh crap, I meant to say "high VG (70%+) juice". Like Digby says, 70% nicotine would not be good :)

the vg/pg percentage

pretty sure 70% nicotine would kill you

Yeah thought as much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I found the same thing outdoors for the first few months I was vaping. I think its a thing where if were sitting down comfortably at home or wherever we tend to take a nice long slow draw on the ecig but if we are walking down the road or outside our comfort zone as such we tend to take quicker shorter draws on the ecig as we are more conscious of people staring at us vaping if we vape it long and slow as such.
    I have came around to not caring who is looking now and just take long slow draws no matter where I vape and find no difference anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

stevenmu wrote: »

This setup worked great for me outdoors at the weekend, was in the alps above the snow line so it was cold and windy and a fairly tough test. I had to remove my tank and just use carto's as the juice was getting too thick to feed the carto but the boge worked straight out of my backpack.

None of my clearomisers worked at all, juice was too thick to wick and just dry hits (YUK!). Probably would have been fine if I kept them near my body for warmth.

Funny enough my ego 510 surprised me a lot as that worked very well too.

Edit: Forgot to add dripping.........Dripping is ok and worked fine on the ebarron but juice usage through waste is about 50%. Trying to hit a small hole is a bit of a nightmare when cold.

Advertisement