Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba P100-160 Audio Driver + Win 7 64bit

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Has anyone actually got a working conexant HD audio driver for a Toshiba P100-160 Audio Driver running Win 7 64bit? ive tried many online including the one from microsoft update but none seem to work. it says its all fine but no sound comes from the speakers or headphone socket. it worked fine with xp though :(

i might try installing a downloaded copy windows 8 on it.... if the audio works ill buy a cd key for it seeing as it's only €30 for the upgrade version

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What is the hardware id of the sound device?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Locate hardware id under the Device Manager>right click sound device>Details tab>Property>Hardware ID dropdown. Look for the device identifier:
    i.e: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_23931682&REV_A1 in bold is the device id.
    Throw the device ID into PCI Database which should tell you the driver your looking for, if it is a realtek card for example you can get the most up to date drivers from the realtek site

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

yoyo wrote: »
    Locate hardware id under the Device Manager>right click sound device>Details tab>Property>Hardware ID dropdown. Look for the device identifier:
    i.e: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_23931682&REV_A1 in bold is the device id.
    Throw the device ID into PCI Database which should tell you the driver your looking for, if it is a realtek card for example you can get the most up to date drivers from the realtek site

Nick

Dev_5045 subsys_1179ff31

Conexant HD Audio

it works fine in xp but not in win 7

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mp22 wrote: »

yup i sure did... it doesnt work still got no sound from the speakers

ive reinstalled xp pro sp3 on it now.... sound is working fine with the xp drivers.

• Advertisement

When you had 7 installed did you try updating the audio driver by telling 7 to look in windows.old/system32 folder, just a thought?

mp22 wrote: »
    When you had 7 installed did you try updating the audio driver by telling 7 to look in windows.old/system32 folder, just a thought?

no when i installed win 7 it loaded the default windows driver from windows update website. that didnt work

i tried the driver you suggested previously... again no sound.

i tried another driver but again no sound.

in the end i gave up looking for one as it seems its a very common problem with toshiba.. they seem to have very very poor vista/win 7 64bit driver support for their satellite range of laptops.

i put xp back on it and installed the xp driver from toshiba and it works fine now.

it's a shame cos win 7 x64 runs very good on that laptop except for the soundcard issue.

This laptop is my mother's and it really needed to be cleansed as she had tons of virus's on it. Personally i'd never buy a toshiba, acer, or sony laptop.

The last laptop i had was a Dell inspiron 8200 and that thing lasted 10 years before it finally started to show it's age. It still works but the mouse plate is faulty on it but with a usb mouse it still works.

NOTE TO SELF: after finishing restoring this laptop use Bart PE to make a disc image so i can easy restore in future. :o

Advertisement