Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats my old rig worth?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys im thinking of selling my old rig but unsure what its worth.
    My son was using it on and off the last 12 months but both HDD`s died within 2 months of eachother,the most recent being over the weekend last.
    I was gonna keep it for the young lad but it seems any games he wants to play he already has on his xbox 360.
    Now that minecraft is also on xbox hes happy with it.

Antec Nine Hundred case
    Seasonic M12 700W
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
    Intel Coew 2 Quad Q6600
    4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400
    LG DVD+RW Burner GSA-H62NRBBB
    MS Vista Ultimate 32-bit
    2X500GB Samsung Spinsoft T166 Hard Drives [both died recently]
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4870
    Bog standard Keyboard & Mouse.
    Logitech speakers.

I could throw in a spare XFX Radeon HD6950 if a buyer wanted :)

Note: Nothing has ever been overclocked,all with stock cooling.
    Ive never had any trouble with it until the Hard Drives died.
    It plays all the latest games at highest settings fine @ 1920X1080 with the exception of BF3 which needs things tones down ,runs at 50-60fps on medium/high settings.

I was thinking along the lines of looking for maybe €300 before the hard drives died, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Yeah I would say 300 is a fair price with hard drive although you could likely get a bit more considering gaming pc's with integrated graphics and 15 euro power supplies are being sold on adverts for 500 euro.

Advertisement