Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Outlet mall' products

Options
  • 14-11-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Bit old this but outlet mall products are not the same as the retail versions so beware -

http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/outlet-stores-worth-trip-000000440.html

.....Outlet goods are designed to sell for less than retail goods, so don’t assume they’re exact copies. When we shopped for look-alike items at outlets and full-price stores and turned them over to our textile expert, she confirmed that the outlet items were tweaked.......

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Where does this apply in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

godtabh wrote: »
    Where does this apply in Ireland?

Kildare Village and the likes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

maximoose wrote: »
    Kildare Village and the likes?

so the OP is saying that the stuff the sale in Kildare Village is poorer quality than the stuff you might get in Liffey Valley? Doubt it very much. Its just last season gear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I've seen stuff in Killdare Village that was on sale Whitewater at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

What the article was saying was that some of the products LOOKED the same but the quality wasn't there !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Capri wrote: »
    What the article was saying was that some of the products LOOKED the same but the quality wasn't there !

Utter nonsense in respect of any Irish outlets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is possibly more suited to the USA Travel forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dudara wrote: »
    This is possibly more suited to the USA Travel forum

dudara

Don't agree, it is a general consumer issue.

I bough two Lacoste shirts in the Kildare Outlet yesterday and when I got home and was snipping off the tags, I noticed that they said in bold type 'Lacoste Outlet', suggesting that they were not intended to be sold in regular downtown stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The tags said that? They tags would be added instore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I don't know about Kildare but in the US a lot of retail companies sell cheaper, poorer quality goods in their outlet stores. Maybe they blend stuff from their main line in with the outlet goods from time to time when the couldn't sell them on sale but the vast majority of outlet goods are a different product than the main line.

But the majority of stuff that didn't sell in their regular store from the main line would go to an affiliate company like Macy's. Macy's would have a lot of last year's fashion in their stores.

At the end of the day, you pay for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've seen stuff in Killdare Village that was on sale Whitewater at the same time.

This was happening but Whitewater took Kildare Village to court and they now cannot sell current collections.

http://kildareplanner.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/kildare-outlet-centre-may-only-sell-out-of-season-clothes/#more-497

Advertisement