Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afraid to ask!---Gemini Tablet?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

:D OK - Ill give this a go but am aware that people here are getting fed up with Tablet questions (my last one got no replies:o)

Would anyone be able to briefly tell me is this Gemini 9.7" Android 4 Tablet good? (to be used for internet browsing, utube, radio, podcasts)
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-805417&pages=&prod=805417&brands=GEMINI&image=

How would it compare with the Nexus 7 & or the Samsung Galaxy? (have learned a little since yesterday!) Please someone answer:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 livinginlucan

Hi there... I am a Galaxy 10.1 user and I would highly recommend it. It's sleek and lightweight and the touch screen is responsive and fast. I use it for internet browsing, radio, pod casts, catch up TV, social networking, you tube,and emailing. It also is a great little e reader too. I cannot comment on the Tablet that you asked about, but thought I would reply to you re the Galaxy. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

maggiepip wrote: »
    :D OK - Ill give this a go but am aware that people here are getting fed up with Tablet questions (my last one got no replies:o)

Would anyone be able to briefly tell me is this Gemini 9.7" Android 4 Tablet good? (to be used for internet browsing, utube, radio, podcasts)
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-805417&pages=&prod=805417&brands=GEMINI&image=

How would it compare with the Nexus 7 & or the Samsung Galaxy? (have learned a little since yesterday!) Please someone answer:)
    Theirs other ones, 10.1 with newer A9 chip, 1280 x 800 resolution, HDMI, Full size USB, expandable to 32GB memory for not much more than €200, so I'd pass on that gemini anyway...

Only prob is I ain't no clue what they're like to use...:(

Headwrecking sector to wade through, only really started looking at them properly last night myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Thank you both very much for the replies:)

I have now (I think) decided its really neck and neck between the Nexus 7 and the Samsung Galaxy (although I would prefer the 10" screen). Overall a lot of people seem to rave about the Nexus 7 but apparently that one doesnt have Flash Player - what way would this affect usage - what would you not be able to do/watch/listen to because of this? I cant seem to find an accurate answer to this. Thanks again.

maggiepip wrote: »
    Thank you both very much for the replies:)

I have now (I think) decided its really neck and neck between the Nexus 7 and the Samsung Galaxy (although I would prefer the 10" screen). Overall a lot of people seem to rave about the Nexus 7 but apparently that one doesnt have Flash Player - what way would this affect usage - what would you not be able to do/watch/listen to because of this? I cant seem to find an accurate answer to this. Thanks again.
    You need flash to look at most video sites (youtube) it's slowly been replaced with HTML5 but for now it's still used pretty much everywhere.

You can install flash on the Nexus, just takes abit of messing.

http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-to-install-flash-on-the-nexus-7-and-other-jelly-bean-devices/
    http://liliputing.com/2012/07/how-to-install-adobe-flash-on-the-nexus-7-or-other-jelly-bean-devices.html
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/367072/20120726/install-adobe-flash-player-android-jellybean-nexus7.htm

Loads of youtube vids showing how to do it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Firblog

Have played with the Goclever version of the tablet you're interested in, found it to be fairly decent for what you say you want to use it for, the keyboard is very neat & functional.
    Of course the ones with the A9 dual core processors are smoother and faster; depends how much you wanna spend.

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    Have played with the Goclever version of the tablet you're interested in, found it to be fairly decent for what you say you want to use it for, the keyboard is very neat & functional.
    Of course the ones with the A9 dual core processors are smoother and faster; depends how much you wanna spend.
    Yea, def go for A9 or equivalent of. Tegra 2 another name for them.

Naming on some of these things is sneaky tbh, Cpu Make A13, Cpu Type A8.

Yea, def go for A9. Tegra 2 another name for them.

Naming on some of these things is sneaky tbh, Cpu Make A13, Cpu Type A8.

Aye, have to be very careful not to pay top dollar for single core processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Oh, thanks so much everyone! Had almost decided on the Samsung Galaxy with the 10" screen (which is around 359 euros:( - think the bigger screen is needed) until "Firblog" you suggested the Go Clever!!:)

The one with the link you gave I cant seem to find for sale but you mentioned a A9 dual processor and they have this one on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoClever-Android-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-Tablet/dp/B009VF5V0O/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353082627&sr=1-6

So, with the little bit Ive learned I think this one looks good - it has the A9 thingy and Flash and comes in a good bit cheaper than the 10" Samsung.....Would you recommend the above then (Im seriously thinking of ordering it this weekend:D Again thanks a mil all!!

It gets a decent enough review here, but at roughly €225 + delivery you'll prob have a few ppl saying it's too expensive and point you in the direction of Alibaba or somesuch to get one sent from china for less; however if - like me - you're not too comfortable about buying from some seller in china, and like the comfort of having Amazon/other trusted company to buy from then I'd bite the bullet an get that one.

One thing, other goclever Tablets have 2 year warranty, should ask the seller what is the story with that one...

Advertisement