Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citydirect

Options
  • 14-11-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Little annoyed with Citydirect payment policy, I don't know if it's just me or does other people think it stinks a little of scamming?

1, You have to have the correct fare or pay over the fare amount and not get the change back.

2, What recently pissed me off was the policy of not accepting copper coins (5c, 2c & 1c). understandable enough with the 1c & 2c but not 5c!

3, I also think the price €1.90 looks to be close enough to €2 that you don't mind losing the 10c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, their website says that they now issue change-dockets (just like Dublin Bus), and that you can cash them in at the CD office up in Rahoon.

Is that happening?

I agree - ridiculous policy - even BÉ can manage to issue change. But I kinda see their point re coppers, that policy was only introduced recently after some people started taking the p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

This should be joint with an original thread from years ago but the fact is get over it!
    DublinBus do it, numerous places around the continent do it but AFAIK at least they give it the change to charity if uncollected so think of it as your good deed done for the day!

Sláinte,
    Shanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Shanley wrote: »
    This should be joint with an original thread from years ago but the fact is get over it!
    DublinBus do it, numerous places around the continent do it but AFAIK at least they give it the change to charity if uncollected so think of it as your good deed done for the day!

Sláinte,
    Shanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Shanley wrote: »

Sláinte,
    Shanley.
    Are you the same when you buy things in shops, pubs, restaurants? People must love to see you coming.

Advertisement