Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Captain

• 14-11-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

RVP is now not the no-brainer he may have appeared, with his mysterious injury (although probably Fergie resting him on behalf of the Dutch), the likelihood of Hernandez starting, and Norwich's acquisition of some steel.

So, who's your captain?

(the choices are the top 10 from FFScout)

Who's your captain for GW 12? 128 votes

RVP away to Norwich
    0%
    Suarez home to Wigan
    50%
    SickBoyThe_B_Manjesus_thats_greT-b0n3Delboy5mcgovern[Deleted User]POKERKINGrorycLemlinRikandGLaDOSAmiraniInvinciblestephen_kkeane2097kwestfan08Mr. Guappawho_ruShane732 65 votes
    Barbatov home to Sunderland
    20%
    Joyce88rock whoreFizmanmiller82moreauDearg81ShaneUshiibataPj!slingerzSteelyDanJalapenoG1032donglenno12prettyboy81Rebel1977itsnotmyfaultMD1990burglecuttirish son 26 votes
    Fellaini away to Reading
    10%
    uRbaNShaque attackPWEIjossnjuicetom_kdahatEddie Erejkelly85cup of teaduiggersEldocoLarry BrentGBXIamber69 14 votes
    Aguero home to Villa
    3%
    smokingmanIce87Beanmachinerobby^5Swiper the fox 5 votes
    Tevez home to Villa
    3%
    Crash Bang Wallpahmufcboy1999mark2407 4 votes
    Ba home to Swansea
    8%
    Dempseymachiavellianmethe whole year innbillymitchellRoonboxPanthroredarmydaheffwardie101A Lawmccard 11 votes
    Silva home to Villa
    1%
    LisapeepDice75 2 votes
    Mata away to West Brom
    0%
    Cazorla home to Tottenham
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Fearsneachta in Poland 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Suarez home to Wigan
    captain- rvp. vice - mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fellaini away to Reading
    Shadowcomplex will be pissed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Suarez home to Wigan
    Van Persie >> Cap'n
    Fellaini >> Vice Cap'n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I don't have RVP, but I have a few decent candidates.

Suarez home to Wigan, Nolan home to Stoke, Silva home to Villa and Ba home to Swansea. Suarez will get it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Suarez home to Wigan
    dahat wrote: »
    Shadowcomplex will be pissed.....
    I know, but shur it's Wednesday, and he didn't post any last week. Maybe he's on holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Suarez home to Wigan
    RVP at the minute. Will change to Suarez if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Suarez home to Wigan
    I know, but shur it's Wednesday, and he didn't post any last week. Maybe he's on holiday.

Who cares, no offense to the lad but the polls always have far too many options, half them never get picked! 10+ 'other' is more than enough, not that its a massive issue. 20 is just overkill.

Anyway, RVP for me with Mata VC. Suarez vs Wigan worries me a bit, need a quiet week from him and Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Aguero home to Villa
    Would Torres not be a more likely candidate than Santi Cazorla and Silva at least, who in their right mind would make one of them captain?

I'm sticking with Fellaini after two savage weeks, I may change my mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Suarez home to Wigan
    Would Torres not be a more likely candidate than Santi Cazorla and Silva at least, who in their right mind would make one of them captain?

I'm sticking with Fellaini after two savage weeks, I may change my mind though.
    No one in their right mind has Torres in their team, nevermind considering him an armband option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Suarez or Berbatov also have RVP but going with a home team as Captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Aguero home to Villa
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    No one in their right mind has Torres in their team, nevermind considering him an armband option.

Ouch!:o
    I'll be resurrecting this post over the weekend so you can eat your words, might even make him skipper now;)

Fellaini away to Reading
    Ouch!:o
    I'll be resurrecting this post over the weekend so you can eat your words, might even make him skipper now;)

funny-fernando-torres-picture-why-he-cant-score-goals-he-dont-feel-like-it.jpg

Suarez home to Wigan
    I'm in a frickin' mess now. I brought in Suarez for Ba (Noticed that Suarez has 5 good fixtures(nevermind the Tottenham fixture) in the next 6 gameweeks and he's in form as opposed to Ba who's looking a bit off touch but still has some good fixtures in the next 6 gameweeks)

The mess is that I'm not quite sure of who to captain!
    Van Persie? (Norich Away)
    OR
    Suarez? (Wigan Home)
    OR
    Uncle Bulgaria? (Sunderland Home) [Berbatov]
    OR
    Nolan? (Stoke Home)
    OR
    Fellaini? (Reading Away)
    OR
    Bale? (Arsenal Away)
    OR
    Mata? (WBA Away) <---- I doubt I'll give him the armband unless he scores something like a hattrick in today's International Friendly
    Thinking of leaving the armband on Van Persie and making Suarez/Fellaini Vice Cap'n.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Suarez captain
    RVP vice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Might give Jelavic a lash away to Reading. Back on the scoresheet last week, Reading are picking up slightly but give you chances.

Have a feeling United could be in for a tough evening at Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 burglecutt

Think that this week a plethora of players could explode and get a large score just there's cases to be made against most of them as well. That said my armband goes to rvp but would prob be on suarez if I owned him

Fellaini away to Reading
    Berbatov anyone?

Suarez home to Wigan
    dahat wrote: »
    Berbatov anyone?

I did think about it but then I saw my other options (RVP and Suarez) and the said, "Ah, F*ck it! Van Persie gets it this gameweek, again."

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Aguero home to Villa
    Fellaini for me again this week. He's on fire at the moment.

With the emergence of Hernandez I would be slightly concerned Fergie might do something stupid this weekend and rest RVP. I think one of Rooney or RVP won't play but then again who knows really what he will do?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Ice87 wrote: »
    Fellaini for me again this week. He's on fire at the moment.

With the emergence of Hernandez I would be slightly concerned Fergie might do something stupid this weekend and rest RVP. I think one of Rooney or RVP won't play but then again who knows really what he will do?

could play all 3 of em. sure tis only little old norwich ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

sticking with theo again. got 2 assists last wk not bad, arsenal v spurs could be a goal fest the way the two teams been defending lately. If he doesnt play the arm band goes to ennie meannie minnie mooeeeeeeeeee..... berbatov

if i had aguero he would be my pick this weekend. can see city giving villa a good hiding this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

I'm tempted to go for Giroud as theres always plenty of goals in the north london derby.

Going to play it safe and stick with RVP though, even though I have a funny feeling he could be rested and Hernandez will take his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Suarez home to Wigan
    Ronney is an injury doubt which makes RVP being rested even less likely.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2012/Nov/today-at-old-trafford-manchester-united-blog.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just something to think about...

if Hernandez plays, RVP won't be the furthest striker forward. and that's if RVP starts.

the only thing is, if the two do play, and Rooney can't start, then RVP is on frees and penalties.

hmmm...decisions.

i was going to risk Ba, but with no Coloccini, Cabaye or Gutierrez, they may struggle.

Berba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Suarez home to Wigan
    Hazard might be worth a look he was an unused sub for Belgium midweek .

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I wouldn't dream of capt Hazard (or any other Chelsea player for that matter) away to WBA

There are such better options available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

moreau wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of capt Hazard (or any other Chelsea player for that matter) away to WBA

There are such better options available

+1, you'd want big giant balls of steel

someone talk me out of putting the captaincy on Bale.

i've Ba, Berbatov, VP and Fellaini as the other really viable options.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

SlickRic wrote: »
    someone talk me out of putting the captaincy on Bale.

i've Ba, Berbatov, VP and Fellaini as the other really viable options.

I have Bale too, and I hope he does damage but I think VP is your best bet.

Bale so unpredictable.

Berb is ahead of him too in your team IMO

• Advertisement

i'm just scared VP will either be benched, or play too far back.

i'm probably over-thinking it, as this week I always saw VP as the automatic captain choice.

Advertisement