Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two ipads, one laptop

• 14-11-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

We recently got an ipad for work, however are not able to access itunes through work, so i have to use my home laptop to download any apps over 50mb.

So this afternoon I have logged into the apple store with the id for the new laptop and downloaded the apps, however I now cant get them onto the work ipad. I don't want to sync and replace the contents as that will end up with my apps on the work ipad won't it? I tried dragging and dropping but that won't work. I'm sure you can do this and itunes drives me demented with frustration, so any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How is your laptop connected to the internet and you can sync multiple devices with iTunes without putting the same media onto all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DJpaudie

You may to authorize your machine in itunes. This is an option in the store tab at the top of the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Open iTunes, click on the Ipad icon on the left when you have it hooked up, this will bring you to the summary page for the iPad where you can see a pic of the iPad and capacity etc, look along the top of the box with the Ipad info, click on the app section and click the apps the ticks along the side of the apps you want to add, or if you don't want to sync any unclick sync apps and just download their wifi.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

DJpaudie wrote: »
    You may to authorize your machine in itunes. This is an option in the store tab at the top of the program.

Authorised the laptop and it made no difference
    midlouth wrote: »
    Open iTunes, click on the Ipad icon on the left when you have it hooked up, this will bring you to the summary page for the iPad where you can see a pic of the iPad and capacity etc, look along the top of the box with the Ipad info, click on the app section and click the apps the ticks along the side of the apps you want to add, or if you don't want to sync any unclick sync apps and just download their wifi.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977

When i clicked 'apps' in the section you mentioned, the ipad was greyed out and i couldn't do anything except sync it with my own library which i didn't want to.

What i ended up doing was creating a new library for the work ipad on my laptop by pressing 'shift' when opening itunes. This allows you to create a whole new library, so i don't need to worry about getting apps mixed up, on the wrong ipad etc when downloading and syncing.

• Advertisement

Out of interest why would you want to sync the apps? IMO and someone may correct me on this but you are just wasting space by having two copies, one on the laptop and one on the iPad, and iTunes remembers you apps so if you need to download again they won't charge you.

I sync everything but apps to save space and trying to figure out what apps I want on my iPhone that I don't want on my Ipad and vice versa.

midlouth wrote: »
    Out of interest why would you want to sync the apps? IMO and someone may correct me on this but you are just wasting space by having two copies, one on the laptop and one on the iPad, and iTunes remembers you apps so if you need to download again they won't charge you.

I sync everything but apps to save space and trying to figure out what apps I want on my iPhone that I don't want on my Ipad and vice versa.
    how would you use the apps if they are not on the ipad, it's better to be looking at it than looking for it

I download apps straight onto the iPad so they are never on the laptop, you do know you can do that? There is wifi on iPad ye know

obviously i know that but if someone only has a 3g dongle for internet then they can't download anything over 50mb on the ipad if it is a 3g one with a sim in it, itunes prompts you to copy any new apps anytime you sync with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Maybe work don't want you checking Facebook and playing angry birds on your work iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Take a work sponsored lunch somewhere with wifi and do your downloading there. Loads of places have free wifi especially if you are in a city

Advertisement