Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend printer

Options
  • 14-11-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some recommendations for a home printer..
    i want to be able to scan,print and copy and not too heavy on cartridges.....
    i won't be using the printer every day...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Laser all the way if you are going to be using it only occasionally, picked one up on adverts.ie for 30e only black and white but had a full toner cartridge would never go back to the horrors of inkjet.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

thebourke wrote: »
    I am looking for some recommendations for a home printer..
    i want to be able to scan,print and copy and not too heavy on cartridges.....
    i won't be using the printer every day...

harvey norman often do deals on all in one printers/scanners/fax

dad got a brother a3 colour all in one pretty cheap there

it even has wifi / lan connections on it too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cheap Epson AIO in Argos here and very cheap cartridges (10) for €25 delivered here. If you only want to print b&w laser would probably be more economical, but if you want to print photos etc or stuff in colour the odd time, go inkjet. With inkjet printers you should always print something every few weeks just to make sure the ink heads dont dry up

Nick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah check the ink costs first, because that's where they make their profit. Ink jet printers are sold at or below manufacturing cost.

If you want colour then you'll be using ink as colour lasers are pricey up front.

check the printer has drivers for your version of windows especially if you have 64 bit windows

What budget do you have in mind ?

any idea how much printing you will do - inkjets can be a pound a page for colour pictures ! or a few cent for thin font double spaced black text

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

If you don't need colour as already said get a mono (black) laser printer.

If you need colour then get a good inkjet, I recommend Brother as they are cheap to run with compatibles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I sell a few, Brother is what I recommend as they are affordable and have decent prices for ink but most of all have the best warranty, 1 year on site, 2 years back to base. You can register it and the next day kick it up and down the street and they won't offer to repair, they will ship you a new one.

Advertisement