Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC and long paths

Options
  • 14-11-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Trying to learn MVC, but getting a bit tangled up in routing of commands and URLs.

I have a website running at www.domain.com/site. COLOR="Gray"]When I was running it as 'www.domain.com' (from the root of the website), the below issue wasn't occurring.[/COLOR

I have a Controller and Method that takes an input Param, so at this point my URL looks like 'www.domain.com/site/Controller/Method/Param'. From here, I'm trying to access a different Controller. If I try to use Javascript to set the form.action to be 'NewController/NewMethod', I end up at 'www.domain.com/NewController/NewMethod'. BUT, if I try setting the form.action to '/site/NewController/NewMethod', I get an IOException telling me 'the device is not ready'

Most confused! Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Comments

Advertisement