Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookies with marshmallow?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Tried baking my usuall all in one choc chip cookies and threw some mini marshmallows in, but they melted and caramalised (rather crunchy and nice actually) but how do you bake marshmallows into cookies without them melting..or can you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I don't think you can. The temperature required to bake the cookies will always melt a normal marshmallow. Unless theres a type of heat-resistant marshmallow I'm not aware of...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lol yeh was thinking that but I keep thinking I've had cookies with marshmallow in them before but I must have rocky road on the brain.

Mind you caramalised marshmallow is nice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

In brownies they dont caramelise so much, but they're not exposed the way they are on cookies. Maybe serve cookies with a jar of fluff instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

you cannot. marshmallow melt at a low temperature. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'm kicking myself I have a large tub of marshmallow fluff and it's well out of date, haven't been baking in a while and have wasted so many ingredients now their out of date, oh the guilt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

How far out of date? Might be still edible!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That stuff is so fake that I doubt it could go off! :)

Advertisement