Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill Billies Chicken?? whats it like?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Anybody try that hill billies chicken in town? whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

depends how drunk ya are!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

alphapa wrote: »
    depends how drunk ya are!

Are ya joking, it's savage! I've never had it drunk, but I'd drive into town especially to get my hands on some of their chicken... the chips aren't great to be fair, but if you want finger licking, artery clogging chicken it'll do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Haven't had it in quite a while, but for as long as I've been going out at the weekend I can only eat Hillbilly's when I'm pished.

Just can't take it when I'm sober. It feels like it's actually blocking my arteries as I eat the chips and gravy.

Can't say for Waterford but I've tried it in Dublin and Tralee. Gorgeous. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

didnt know there was a hillbillys in dub but im gone for a good few years now,,,,use to love it when in cork

Karsini wrote: »
    Can't say for Waterford but I've tried it in Dublin and Tralee. Gorgeous. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Haven't had it in quite a while, but for as long as I've been going out at the weekend I can only eat Hillbilly's when I'm pished.

Just can't take it when I'm sober. It feels like it's actually blocking my arteries as I eat the chips and gravy.

OP asked about the chicken. If you don't like greasy food then stay away from takeaways full stop!

didnt know there was a hillbillys in dub but im gone for a good few years now,,,,use to love it when in cork

Yep, there's one in Fairview across from the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Itchianus wrote: »
    OP asked about the chicken. If you don't like greasy food then stay away from takeaways full stop!

Yeah there was a bit of talk on the radio today about takeaways and fast food in general, some list was drawn up that made the papers and Today Fm and RTE was chatting about it in respective shows,

I was hungry and chicken came into mind and Hillbillies got a few shouts, Id have to ask if the chicken is Irish though dont want to be eating stuff from Mongolia or Romania where the laws are different as to what they can pump into their chicken, Was eating in The Brasserie(beside city square O2) i think it was and i asked them was their chicken Irish, the young waitress smirked and almost laughed at me and she said i dont know ill have to ask the chef she came back to me and i think she was surprised to tell me that it wasnt Irish maybe it was the first time she was asked, said nah ill skip that thanks,

Ive never tried super macs whats that like that got a few shouts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Where have you been all your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The chicken is generally very good, definitely better than the stuff you get in some of the other fast food places in the town but what you really want is the gravy in Hillbillies, the single best thing about any fast food place I've ever been to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I wouldn't rate Hillybilly's at all. It was nice when it first opened but now you always feel **** the next day after it. Chick-King (K-Recipe Chicken) is much nicer and you don't feel like you've eaten a foreign object the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

The first and last time I ate in Chick-King I would of given that scene in the Exorcist a run for its money, didn't have a drop of alcohol in me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I wouldn't rate Hillybilly's at all. It was nice when it first opened but now you always feel **** the next day after it. Chick-King (K-Recipe Chicken) is much nicer and you don't feel like you've eaten a foreign object the next day.
    Thats because the person that first owned it is gone he is running humdingers now thats why there chicken is lovely out in humdingers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Yeah there was a bit of talk on the radio today about takeaways and fast food in general, some list was drawn up that made the papers and Today Fm and RTE was chatting about it in respective shows,

I was hungry and chicken came into mind and Hillbillies got a few shouts, Id have to ask if the chicken is Irish though dont want to be eating stuff from Mongolia or Romania where the laws are different as to what they can pump into their chicken, Was eating in The Brasserie(beside city square O2) i think it was and i asked them was their chicken Irish, the young waitress smirked and almost laughed at me and she said i dont know ill have to ask the chef she came back to me and i think she was surprised to tell me that it wasnt Irish maybe it was the first time she was asked, said nah ill skip that thanks,

When was the last time you'd Irish chicken?

http://www.chicken.ie/chicken-news/end-of-the-road-for-irish-chicken.724.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Have to say, I love the chicken in Hillbillys. The chips are a massive let down though, so I'd normally just get 2 breast in a buns instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Very hard to get Irish chicken even in good quality butchers now, your most likely eating chicken from Holland.

It doesn't really make a difference where Chicken comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Cleaboy chicken and chips are lovely, especially when covered in a portion of curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I stopped using H B'S because of the amount of grease in the box after eating their chicken,I liked their gravy so on more then one occasion, I particularly asked for dry chicken but to no avail,so I go to chick king now,the chicken is always dry and crispy and they give you the fries in their own bag,not with the chicken.
    K F C is still my favourite, but sometimes I can't be arsed driving all the way out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

<
    I can assure you that it is super! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Awful. I got a chicken and chips in there a couple of weeks ago and the stuff was swimming in grease. I had to dump it in the bin. Not as good as Humdingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hillbilly's chicken is better than seeing the birth of your first child

I would rather buy Irish Chicken thats been approved and rared to a certain standard and oh yeah back Irish Chicken producers thats why i look out and ask for Irish Chicken, god only kows where your getting it from, and as for Deli Chicken thats from thailand and the Philipines and after watching whats Ireland eating with Philip Boucher Hayes on RTE awhile ago Chicken in Deli's where in some cases unknown their sell by date or best before date and some that was tested was gone off, thats why you should be asking for Irish Chicken instead of not given a fnuck!

All things in moderation though.

As for that KFC?? what are you smoking that place is muck service is terrible the Pepsi or what ever it is tastes muck, you can see they havent perfected the mixing quantity of Cola and water, The one in Kilkenny was terrible as well, the water tasted really bad that they used to mix the cola ended up throwing it out.

As for Super Macs Ireland isnt my first home so i havent tried all the fast food places, Im not a huge fan id just like to try them at least once!

As far as im aware supermacs uses Irish Chicken only!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I would rather buy Irish Chicken thats been approved and rared to a certain standard and oh yeah back Irish Chicken producers thats why i look out and ask for Irish Chicken, god only kows where your getting it from, and as for Deli Chicken thats from thailand and the Philipines and after watching whats Ireland eating with Philip Boucher Hayes on RTE awhile ago Chicken in Deli's where in some cases unknown their sell by date or best before date and some that was tested was gone off, thats why you should be asking for Irish Chicken instead of not given a fnuck!

As for that KFC?? what are you smoking that place is muck service is terrible the Pepsi or what ever it is tastes muck, you can see they havent perfected the mixing quantity of Cola and water, The one in Kilkenny was terrible as well, the water tasted really bad that they used to mix the cola ended up throwing it out.

As for Super Macs Ireland isnt my first home so i havent tried all the fast food places, Im not a huge fan id just like to try them at least once!

Nobody mentioned KFC boi!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

Dear god would you not try & write in English please? I can't make sense of half of your post.

I stopped using H B'S because of the amount of grease in the box after eating their chicken,I liked their gravy so on more then one occasion, I particularly asked for dry chicken but to no avail,so I go to chick king now,the chicken is always dry and crispy and they give you the fries in their own bag,not with the chicken.
    K F C is still my favourite, but sometimes I can't be arsed driving all the way out there.

KFC was mentioned, sorry english isnt my first language, I find it funny people slagging my english when you cant learn Irish after more than 10 years of school:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Nobody mentioned KFC boi!

Yes they did, see above :rolleyes:
    wex_lad wrote: »
    Dear god would you not try & write in English please? I can't make sense of half of your post.

Ah leave ih oouuuh :p

Advertisement