Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile offers prepaid and bill

Options
  • 14-11-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I'm moving back to Ireland after been away for a while, I'm looking to see whats the best mobile plans around and need some help/recommendations? I would be a pretty heavy data user 3-4 + GB a month, and high text also.
    Any info would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Heavy is relative to each individual. Area can also make a big difference, because some networks are rubbish in certain areas. Vodafone is the only network I have never had coverage issues with, but you pay much more for that. I have an iPhone 4s with Emobile (meteor) on the unlimited plan and I find that it takes a couple of seconds for my calls to connect before I say hello. Have had some issues with dropped calls, but that seems to happen alot less now.

I have have a 4s with Three aswell. No coverage issues, but they are the biggest load of of dix. Their customer care was bad when they first launched, but it's gotten worse and worse. I find their plans are misleading too and problems never get resolved. Outsourced customer care to India is ALWAYS a bad idea. I won't be renewing my contract with them, but so far, i'm happy to renew with emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Three prepay is definitely your only option considering your data usage.

How the hell do you use so much!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Danger781 wrote: »
    Three prepay is definitely your only option considering your data usage.

How the hell do you use so much!?

I'd use up 20 gigs a month if I could lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I think three prepay is the best option for you.
    If you top up by 20 quid a month you get
    free weekend calls to any network
    free three to three calls
    free texts to any network
    unlimited internet usage - well really its 15GB

Not as reliable as vodafone or 02 but worth ago depending on what areas you will be using the phone in.

Have you ever actually monitored how much you use? In a month of very heavy usage I might hit about 2GB..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Danger781 wrote: »
    Have you ever actually monitored how much you use? In a month of very heavy usage I might hit about 2GB..

I'd use maybe 10GB-15GB a month, generally on youtube,facebook, twitter, skype or downloading films,tv shows if I'm away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

I kept track last month and i used approx 4 gb

It's a very rare case I would be downloading anything outside of a WiFi zone..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 michaelk1287

Hi all,

I'm wanting to change from my factory unlocked 4s to a note 2, (currently out of contract with o2)

The best price is on a new contract with 3, €149 and €40 a month for 24 months... (o2 want 250 with the same 24 month contract and 40 a month)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement